Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What's Next for Xenforo?

Advertisement Placeholder
Looks like they are moving towards a cloud-based service like everyone else. I wonder if they too will start pushing cloud-only features and such like IPS does at this point.
That will be interesting to see.

I think a lot of people will end up staying on the older versions like they do with vBulletin 3.X series.

I'm not sure it will be the best move.

SaaS is nice until it's not that nice.

I'd rather host something on my server.

That will be interesting to see.

I think a lot of people will end up staying on the older versions like they do with vBulletin 3.X series.

I'm not sure it will be the best move.

SaaS is nice until it's not that nice.

I'd rather host something on my server.
As someone who loves IPS's cloud, I actually agree immensely that self-hosted communities need to stand tall and forcing devs to keep a high standard. Sadly cloud users are at the mercy of devs, but self-hosted can simply stop upgrading and make the devs lose that money.

As someone who loves IPS's cloud, I actually agree immensely that self-hosted communities need to stand tall and forcing devs to keep a high standard. Sadly cloud users are at the mercy of devs, but self-hosted can simply stop upgrading and make the devs lose that money.
I would just hope XF would be treated like WordPress.

There is no way WP will ditch its self-hosted option. Over 40% of the internet uses it. It would be horrific if they did.

I feel like more people are using XenForo than anything else. Going cloud-only would be like WP going cloud only IMO.

I would just hope XF would be treated like WordPress.

There is no way WP will ditch its self-hosted option. Over 40% of the internet uses it. It would be horrific if they did.

I feel like more people are using XenForo than anything else. Going cloud-only would be like WP going cloud only IMO.
I feel like this will be one of the great questions for the future of the internet. WP is the perfect example.
I agree completely that it should not go cloud only and that it likely would not do such a thing, but IF it did make that move. How many of that 40% would actually hold out and force them to recall that decision vs how many would just pay the monthly subscription to keep their site online.
WP would be a major factor in this as while there are technically many alternatives, few can truly just 1:1 replace a WordPress site in a few clicks and even less can offer a similar solution for the cost (and honestly that would likely remain true if WP went cloud only).
So are services like WP unable to go Cloud as so many sites are self hosted or are all those self hosted sites really just at the mercy of what WP wants to do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds