Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What you Should Know Before Attempting to Work from Home

Working from home is really a good gesture. The reason is that, you are your own boss. No one toss you around, you will get to do your job at will and at your convenient time. Working from home makes you take control of your earnings and you are never subjected to any restrictions in the course of carrying out your duties .

Advertisement Placeholder
Working from home requires a lot dedicatio and hard work a lot of people think because they are their own boss, they tend to have a myopic approach to work. You need to gain the trust of your clients.
You are right, it takes a lot of discipline, and determination to work from home, especially those who have kids, that run around the house.

My work from home activities are limited to posting on forums and working on micro job and get paid to sites. In the last 8 months, what I have learned about working from home is you need to be very skilled to make money

Running a job from home to me initially was a simple task not until I became involve in doing online job then I discovered it not easy as I taught,this requires time and skills as well.

Very well written and also well said piece of advice there too. A lot of benefits come with working from home really to me than disadvantages. No commuting is one of such tremendous benefits to me

Many people dream to have their own business and working from home. The benefits of working from home are clear: more time, less hassle, and best of all, no commuting. But is it really right for you, and how do you prevent it taking over your home and your life?

You can run a small Public Relation company from home, and your clients will not paying for big overheads. It would be more cost-effective for you ran the operation from an office in your home, rather than renting office space.

A lot of savings, no commuting time, more time with the family, it sounds like life is perfect. And it could be one of the biggest changes in how we live since the Industrial Revolution first drove people away from their homes to work. New report buyers opting to leave the car outside, making the garage into a place to work.

Of course, there is a difference between working at home as an employee and being self-employed. Employees still have the privileges and security of a regular salary; the self-employed who work at home may feel secure because no one company can make them redundant. Both can suffer isolation: employees because decisions are made in their absence (even if they only work at home two day a week) or because managers and colleagues don’t really trust the situation and the self-employed because they have no supportive regular team. How you adapt to either situation depends on your qualities.

For a number of people, it is a much more productive way to work – away from the distractions of the open-plan office more can be done. In one study there was an estimated 40% increase in efficiency in working from home.

But getting more done isn’t always the point. Lots of people appreciate work for social reasons, because the office has become the community. Instead of the postmistress, grocer and pub, there’s the post-room, the sandwich trolley, vending machine and canteen. The butcher’s queue may have gone, but the photocopier queue is just as gossipy, and the Monday morning meeting can provide real communication. For people with problems, the office provides an informal support system of friends who are interested in, but not involved with, the action. And where else are the estimated 55% of people who meet their partners at work going to find the love of their life?

Isolation is the key problem in working from home. Many people go to work to get away from home. Motivation is the next main problem. If you’re the sort of person who couldn’t get down to your homework – however interesting without your mother standing over you, you won’t make a success of working at home; or, if you hate what you do, unless you can set very clear targets.

But successful home-working depends on your company’s attitude as well as yours. Unfortunately, some schemes do fail – for example, if organizations don’t really trust people, or if they do it without proper planning. Managers who aren’t very good at managing by results – who judge the work by what they can see – are not going to adapt well. Good managers regard training people to use their time better and be more independent as delegation; bad managers think it’s losing control.

Computers, modems, faxes and e-mail mean that salespeople, designers, technicians and management, who work on different sites or with clients, can use a home office as their base, and come into head office when they need to – for meetings, for example. Home-working is not confined to technology industries.

The fast-growing trend for companies to employ a small core staff with everyone else on freelance contracts means there is an increasing need for self-reliance. Estimates show that in five years’ time, only 60% of workers will be employees and the rest will be self-employed, many working at home. The idea, of course, is that lean companies mean a healthy economy. But these overheads haven’t gone away- they’re just being transferred to you, the individual. While you gain by putting some of your expenses against tax, you lose contributory pension schemes, sick leave, holiday pay, health insurance and even training subsidies. Companies will train people for jobs they’re already doing, but they’re no longer going to train them for the next job, because the idea of moving up through a company hierarchy isn’t the pattern for the future. It’s now your responsibility to stay up to date. Training doesn’t come cheap, but ‘you can often put it against tax.

Nowadays technology means people, mail and files can be reached from anywhere, the office is changing; it’s becoming a place for meetings and ideas. You only have to see people walking along talking on mobile telephones to realize that the workplace can now be wherever you are.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful detailed information. My favorite online work from home is cryptocurrency trading. I like this kind of experience because I can do cryptocurrency trading at home or wherever as long as I have internet connection.

Working from home needs a lot of dedication, commitment and hard work. . Working from home is something that is good,sweet , interesting but it can be a distraction to the person involve.
Many people dream to have their own business and working from home. The benefits of working from home are clear: more time, less hassle, and best of all, no commuting. But is it really right for you, and how do you prevent it taking over your home and your life?

You can run a small Public Relation company from home, and your clients will not paying for big overheads. It would be more cost-effective for you ran the operation from an office in your home, rather than renting office space.

A lot of savings, no commuting time, more time with the family, it sounds like life is perfect. And it could be one of the biggest changes in how we live since the Industrial Revolution first drove people away from their homes to work. New report buyers opting to leave the car outside, making the garage into a place to work.

Of course, there is a difference between working at home as an employee and being self-employed. Employees still have the privileges and security of a regular salary; the self-employed who work at home may feel secure because no one company can make them redundant. Both can suffer isolation: employees because decisions are made in their absence (even if they only work at home two day a week) or because managers and colleagues don’t really trust the situation and the self-employed because they have no supportive regular team. How you adapt to either situation depends on your qualities.

For a number of people, it is a much more productive way to work – away from the distractions of the open-plan office more can be done. In one study there was an estimated 40% increase in efficiency in working from home.

But getting more done isn’t always the point. Lots of people appreciate work for social reasons, because the office has become the community. Instead of the postmistress, grocer and pub, there’s the post-room, the sandwich trolley, vending machine and canteen. The butcher’s queue may have gone, but the photocopier queue is just as gossipy, and the Monday morning meeting can provide real communication. For people with problems, the office provides an informal support system of friends who are interested in, but not involved with, the action. And where else are the estimated 55% of people who meet their partners at work going to find the love of their life?

Isolation is the key problem in working from home. Many people go to work to get away from home. Motivation is the next main problem. If you’re the sort of person who couldn’t get down to your homework – however interesting without your mother standing over you, you won’t make a success of working at home; or, if you hate what you do, unless you can set very clear targets.

But successful home-working depends on your company’s attitude as well as yours. Unfortunately, some schemes do fail – for example, if organizations don’t really trust people, or if they do it without proper planning. Managers who aren’t very good at managing by results – who judge the work by what they can see – are not going to adapt well. Good managers regard training people to use their time better and be more independent as delegation; bad managers think it’s losing control.

Computers, modems, faxes and e-mail mean that salespeople, designers, technicians and management, who work on different sites or with clients, can use a home office as their base, and come into head office when they need to – for meetings, for example. Home-working is not confined to technology industries.

The fast-growing trend for companies to employ a small core staff with everyone else on freelance contracts means there is an increasing need for self-reliance. Estimates show that in five years’ time, only 60% of workers will be employees and the rest will be self-employed, many working at home. The idea, of course, is that lean companies mean a healthy economy. But these overheads haven’t gone away- they’re just being transferred to you, the individual. While you gain by putting some of your expenses against tax, you lose contributory pension schemes, sick leave, holiday pay, health insurance and even training subsidies. Companies will train people for jobs they’re already doing, but they’re no longer going to train them for the next job, because the idea of moving up through a company hierarchy isn’t the pattern for the future. It’s now your responsibility to stay up to date. Training doesn’t come cheap, but ‘you can often put it against tax.

Nowadays technology means people, mail and files can be reached from anywhere, the office is changing; it’s becoming a place for meetings and ideas. You only have to see people walking along talking on mobile telephones to realize that the workplace can now be wherever you are.

Working from home needs a lot of discipline and dedication for you to have a good business experience. You must make sure that the resources needed to work from home are readily available to you.

I'll have to do a proper research so I can get indepth understanding of this topic. I'll add that some people wants to be a boss of their own but at the end of the day they can't adhere to the time on task principle to satisfy their client. They should work on that loophole.

Wow, nice article. I think working from home do have its perks and disadvantage. However if you are comfortable with it, sure. I love that you have touched on some key areas in your article.

It's better to take guidance from someone , may it be a relative or family member or your friend , who has the experience to work from home and earn money online. The pros and cons will always be there , so it's better to analyze those vital things and then take a decision on whether to work full time online.

It was a long read, but it's worth it, no doubt trends are changing at every front and it is happening so fast, the idea of cutting workforce, reduce overhead and probably transfer it to individuals is not only considered in companies but even in governments.

The lockdowns really opened the eyes of many companies and governments to realize the they don't need much hands to get the work done.

Being self employed or realant is fast becoming a norm.

The lockdown induced many companies to fire much of their staff because people never needed much staff. Many restaurants were shutdown because they never needed waiter. This is because dine-in were banned by the government.

Working from home is not always as rosy as many people make it to be. If you are somebody that loves to procrastinate a lot then you should not even consider working from home because you relieve a lot of work undone.

Working from home is not always as rosy as many people make it to be. If you are somebody that loves to procrastinate a lot then you should not even consider working from home because you relieve a lot of work undone.
LoL for someone who loves to procrastinate then working from home is the. Best place for such persons. There are so many things that would distract you or give you reasons to actually procrastinate more, laziness would come in as well.

Some businesses can be managed from your home while others would require a location in a busy area. Most online businesses can be done from home which is even more easier because of the cheap running costs
Spot on. I'm of this view. You hardly find business that you can manage from home apart from this online task we engage in

Nice write-up. But I also want you to know that there is many disadvantages of working from home, you might get distracted anytime.

Spot on. I'm of this view. You hardly find business that you can manage from home apart from this online task we engage in
It is not always easy to work from home because you're always going to face a lot of challenges especially if you're a parent with kids that will always distract you from focusing on your work.

It is not always easy to work from home because you're always going to face a lot of challenges especially if you're a parent with kids that will always distract you from focusing on your work.
People say working from home is best cause they get to stay in their comfort zone, I bet they have never encountered this issue of distractions

Working from home requires a lot dedicatio and hard work a lot of people think because they are their own boss, they tend to have a myopic approach to work. You need to gain the trust of your clients.
People turn to get distracted very easily when they are working from home which is something that should be considered very well when you are deciding to work from home because if you can't focus you will not be able to do your work.

I think one of the challenges that comes with working from home is that it requires concentration and focus to your tasks and objectives. Sometimes, redundancy and complacency might in since you're you're working according to your own schedule.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds