Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What you really love or hate about your job?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
What you really love or hate about your job? Maybe it's the challenging tasks that keep you engaged, the friendship with colleagues, or the flexibility of your work schedule, everyone has their own unique experiences when it comes to work. On the other hand, there may be aspects of your job that frustrate you, such as dealing with difficult clients or having to work long hours with little recognition. In this discussion, let's explore what makes your work either the best or worst part of your day. Share your insights and hear from others who can relate to the ups and downs of the working world.

Advertisement Placeholder
I love my job and I'm grateful for the opportunities I've been given within my company. It can be really difficult and stressful at times but being able to reflect and look at how you've dealt with issues and problems is a great feeling. As I'm multisite, it means I'm somewhere different every day and seeing someone different in my team, whether that be for feedback or coaching, or just a general visit. I like the flexibility too, some days I can work from home or if I'm out and about, I may leave to beat the rush hour traffic home, and pick up anything else I had to do when I get home.

One thing I don't like is, for days when I don't beat the traffic, having to sit in tailbacks or driving along the motorway with speed restrictions applied.

I'm currently unemployed, but when I worked at my last job (Kroger) I hated how you had to handle some things in dairy, such as only stocking 2 different dates on milk, rotating products, etc. Basically, the stuff that you have to do with perishable items, I much preferred stocking dry goods when I worked at Walmart. Of course, what's not to love but money?

A typical teacher has a list of 24 things they must do when I just looked at the job requirements. A Special Education Teacher must do those 24 things, plus an additional 27 things. So a Gen Ed teacher has to do about half of what a Special Education teacher does.

- Does a Special Educator teacher get paid more? No. Unless they are in a self contained unit such as a behavior unit or life skills - then they are lucky to get a 2,000 stipend... an extra 160ish per check...
- Do Special Educator teachers get to leave at the end of their work day of 3:45? No - I'm there until 5-7PM
- Do General Ed teachers get to leave at 3:45? Not exact, but at 4ish.
- Do General Educators have to work much from home? No - unless they chose to not do work at work.
- Do Sped Teachers have to work much from home? About 6 hours at least, but more depending on the amount of meetings as well as every other duty requirement.

Along with the above frustrations with my job - Special Education is always changing, but the requirements of the teachers is becoming so much that it is impossible. Now don't get me wrong - I can not see myself doing anything other than teaching, but I'm desperate to get out of Special Education. I love education, and I love helping and supporting kids and helping them feel successful.

@Reverie i admire you for being a teacher in the first place let alone being a Special Education teacher. It sucks you don't get paid more or get recognized for doing more work than a general teacher...

My job demands long days but the plus side for me is that any overtime is time off work. Some people leave because of the long days but it certainly isn't an easy job. I'm quite happy with it though.

At my current job, Michaels the arts and crafts store I'm handling everything pretty easily. It seems to be a pretty easy, basic job. The main thing I don't like is my apron always likes to fall off of my shoulder and I keep having to put it back on.
Dealing with the apron falling off would drive me crazy. Glad everything else is doing well well though!

Guess i love that i have no job and nowadays other than my avpd condition i am free to do as i please 24/7.

How? Well the short 'n' curlys of it, is that i invented something several years ago which has yielded numerous benefits—one being that it enables financial self sufficiency.

😄It's so simple, yet for whatever reasons the few people i've shared the concept with seem to reject such a thing as impossible.

Anyways i used to work in property maintenance til about a decade ago, fixing up rundown houses and other buildings.

Actually did enjoy it.
i liked the whole process of quietly working away by myself, breathing new life into the lifeless, really loved the sense of accomplishment too.

What always ruined it for me is when people started noticing the resulting quality of my work and inevitably began pressuring me into taking on leadership roles.

Never been comfortable with leading others.

Oddly even though i'm definitely not a social butterfly—i did enjoy meeting the surprising varieties of individuals whose properties i'd worked on.(*but not always)

Worked at airports, schools, winery's, mansions, a military comms monitoring facility, an air force base, hundreds of houses, shops, private clubs, off-grid homes, telecommunications hubs and other stuff.

Particularly loved traveling all over NZ.

I guess the one thing I love about my job is that I can fit it around my health issues and that I can also fit it around my kids so that I spend more time with my kids as well. Those are the two main advantages of my job.

In terms of what I hate about my job, it's how inconsistent it can be sometimes. Some months I could have great earnings and other months I could have terrible earnings. I still keep going though as you never know what may be around the corner.

What I like in my job is that there is only one person above me and he leaves me alone to do my job the right way. I only talk to him there is a high cost repair that I need approval on. Nothing really that I hate to be honest, pay could be a little better but since it's a non-profit organization I understand.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds