Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What would you do #2?

Advertisement Placeholder
I the hacker have fully got the access like he can delete a database then I guess I can just install the latest, if the latest was more than two weeks ago then I guess nothing I can do about it but use it. But before it I might ask the host if they were able to back up things.

Wouldn't do anything but go oh well, at least I have SOME form of a backup. I'd rather rebuild from three weeks ago as opposed to restarting right from the start. Of course, I'd hope my host did a back-up for me so I'd ask them before crying. :p

I used to take backups every now and then. Anyway my host also support backing up everyday. So in case I was hacked, I only would need to ask host to reset the site! :D

I would try anything I can do to get it back if not, I will restore the last backup I have :)

I used to take backups every now and then. Anyway my host also support backing up everyday. So in case I was hacked, I only would need to ask host to reset the site! :D

Pfft, why not live life on the edge? Every day is just a cop-out. :p Kidding!

I would try anything I can do to get it back if not, I will restore the last backup I have :)

What if your only backup was the first day of your site? :p Let's throw that into the mix. xD

Pfft, why not live life on the edge? Every day is just a cop-out. :p Kidding!

What if your only backup was the first day of your site? :p Let's throw that into the mix. xD
Than it would be really really really really bad, I think I would not be able to do it again xD

Than it would be really really really really bad, I think I would not be able to do it again xD

Haha, I think I'd be the same tbh. If my only backup was that far back, I think I'd rather just re-adjust my plan and start again!

I am starting only one time from 0 the next time I cant do it xD I lose motivation to do it.

What if the site made you hundreds monthly? I can see this thread spiralling into a constant "What if.." xD
Than it wouldnt happen, I would have it secure as possible, and if it did I would start from 0 but if it didnt continue to make me that money i would well let it be, sell it maybe

I have recently asked my hosting company to keep backup of my forum daily. It is very convenient and I don't pay anything for it. However, if I didn't have any recent backup, I would possibly restart it from the most recent one. It's better to have something than having nothing. I wouldn't be able to start it from the scratch, again.

I guess there is not a lot of things you can do. If this happened to me, I would do whatever I could to find a recent backup. I would be sure to contact my web host to see if they had a more recent backup than the one I have. If this fails, I would just go with the backup that I already have. Even if it is not recent, it is better than nothing.

I would probably cry but hey, I have 10 servers in my office all for storage and we run daily backups for everything, corp servers, email server, vps, dedicated, shoutcast, shared, the job lot with a replication tactic and archiving / mirroring so hey a lot needs to happen in one day to be seriously crippled!

Kick yourself for not making a back up. then vow to do it all the time. I did this once with pics that were lost on my computer, did not have a back up. Then computer crashed and I lost it all. Needless to say I now back up all the time.[DOUBLEPOST=1402145624][/DOUBLEPOST]Kick yourself for not making a back up. then vow to do it all the time. I did this once with pics that were lost on my computer, did not have a back up. Then computer crashed and I lost it all. Needless to say I now back up all the time.

Last edited:
I would always have a recent backup of my wbesite, but if I didn't then the only thing to do in that situation is to restore to the latest point you have backed up and make an announcement explaining the situation and apologizing to my community. I would also more than likely host some sort of competition to reward some members and do a little something to reward everyone.

If I do not have the backup, unfortunately there is not much I can do about it. That is why, we all must keep backups of our sites.

I would be really mad and than I would be mad of myself for not making a backup recently, Than I will look for another backup I have.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds