Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What was your first staff position on a forum?

My first ever position was a moderator on a forum that I first joined, a technology forum way back in 2004 I believe it was. Unfortunately, the staff there got a little too much and abused their power and I ended up stepping down and then they banned me for whatever reason I'll never know. Since then I have always stuck to forums where I trust people and staff are more professional than power-hungry.

I started from working as a moderator in forums. It was on that job that I had to undergo training on how to work on administrator roles. After that first job as a moderator, I have since then worked as an administrator on several forums. I'm the Team Lead Moderator on Referralindexforum.com at the moment.

My first ever position was a community moderator on a forum called Anizone. It was a forum on Invisionfree and it was for animation/graphics. I enjoyed it greatly - I think my next position was staff at Gemz Shining Form and I was either community or graphics team... I don't recall which one or if I ended up being both at one point.

For me, well I suppose it was as a Support Team member for Simple Machines (SMF) way back in probably 2008. I then became Support Team Lead and then moved to the Customize Team. Shortly after I landed my first job in development so I had to step down over lack of time. Since then well.... I have avoided forums for the most part. I am only active on this one and a couple more where I provide support (usually coding). I do not have the temperment required to deal with the normal day to day of forums these days.

For me, well I suppose it was as a Support Team member for Simple Machines (SMF) way back in probably 2008. I then became Support Team Lead and then moved to the Customize Team. Shortly after I landed my first job in development so I had to step down over lack of time. Since then well.... I have avoided forums for the most part. I am only active on this one and a couple more where I provide support (usually coding). I do not have the temperment required to deal with the normal day to day of forums these days.
What did the customize team do? I assume it worked with coding of course, but curious what specifically you did. Totally understand having to step down due to lack of time and then eventually avoiding them. I think I go through cycles of that myself honestly, and I've noticed my avoidance period of forums gets longer and longer each time I disappear xD

I was offered a moderator position on a Sonic forum. I was only a moderator for a short period of time however, since I got too busy with real life stuff. This was around 2011 or 2012.

What did the customize team do?
Reviewed modifications and themes submitted by the community before they were published on the official customise site for SMF.

There was also supposed to be a whole 'let's write customisations ourselves so others can learn from us' but too few of the Customizer team (myself included back in the day) embraced that because it did take a lot of time that we didn't all have at the time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor