Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What was your first staff position on a forum?

Kale

Addicted member
Retired Staff
Credits
I was a package team member for a forum similar to this waaay back in the day. I think the owner was named Max or something. I forgot the name of the forum, but think it just randomly shut down one day. I think it had to have been 2006-2007ish or so, but don't recall. It was on IF I believe.

So what was your first position as a staff member on a forum?

Aside from my own forums, I can't remember the name of the forum but the niche was "getting drunk and playing video games".

I remember I wasn't quite legal adult age to drink but still drank back then because it was easy and a slap on the wrist if you got caught.

I was a moderator. I was pretty active, the rest of the staff were not that active. It didn't last long.

Documentation team on Invisionfree. We were called docubunnehs.
I remember that! That is adorable for sure

I was a content moderator for an RPG forum.
Oh, neat! A content moderator, huh?
Aside from my own forums, I can't remember the name of the forum but the niche was "getting drunk and playing video games".

I remember I wasn't quite legal adult age to drink but still drank back then because it was easy and a slap on the wrist if you got caught.

I was a moderator. I was pretty active, the rest of the staff were not that active. It didn't last long.
Yeah, cannot see that type of forum lasting very long sadly! I know people do still like events like gaming, watching movies, etc on Discord and such.

I remember that! That is adorable for sure

Oh, neat! A content moderator, huh?

Yeah, cannot see that type of forum lasting very long sadly! I know people do still like events like gaming, watching movies, etc on Discord and such.
Had they made it where people could somehow play the same game and party together, it might had been better.

But it was an interesting experience nonetheless.

I'm just not much of a gamer.

I don't remember my first staff position, maybe the board that was known as "Zeta Styles" and possibly something before ZetaBoards came along. That's as far as my memory takes me.
I also remember Zeta Styles or something like it way back. I never got to be staff on any of those kind of resource forums iirc. It's been so many years, and back then I'd apply and become staff on mostly any forum. I learned to scale back and be more realistic nowadays.

Is it bad that I don't remember any more? Possibly on Sphinx Search back in 2008.

What was your username at the time? I'm sure I would recognize it.

I don't remember my first staff position, maybe the board that was known as "Zeta Styles" and possibly something before ZetaBoards came along. That's as far as my memory takes me.
I was called "Sani" there.

I thought I recognised your name from somewhere lmao.

Edit:
Wanted to change my username as proof:
1672377126136.png

Got this instead:
1672377162503.png

I thought I recognised your name from somewhere lmao.

Edit:
Wanted to change my username as proof:

Got this instead:
Oh huh, didn't think there even was a ZB/IF support forum anymore.

Buying up smaller forum hosts was the worst day's work Tapatalk ever did, and they were already pretty low in my estimations before that.
It's crazy. If you haven't been a part of Zetaboards, you can't comprehend fully how fortunate that forum software really was.. The community around it - everyone knew everyone. Loads and loads of quality free forum resources and frequently new as well. I don't know how much Brandon sold it for, but it better be millions, because that was truly worth it. After it got sold, I think it was worth way less than that. A dick move from Brandon, but I can understand it. But an even dumber purchase for Tapatalk, because I can't image it added much value to their already shitty service.

I totally miss Zetaboards and IF too. I truly wish that ZB/IF would have just stayed around instead of this Tapatalk crap.

I totally miss Zetaboards and IF too. I truly wish that ZB/IF would have just stayed around instead of this Tapatalk crap.
ZetaBoards being gone hurts me the most cause it had the potential (at the time) to be one of the better forum software scripts. I think some of the staff asked if we could have the source code, and Brandon (Duffman) said that it wasn't something we could just pop into a server and run.

ZetaBoards being gone hurts me the most cause it had the potential (at the time) to be one of the better forum software scripts. I think some of the staff asked if we could have the source code, and Brandon (Duffman) said that it wasn't something we could just pop into a server and run.
It truly does hurt me too. I just wish I could see the old themes on my Harvest Moon forum and such yet again... Probably doesn't matter as we used tinypic and the logo is likely lost. :(

Yes, that name most certainly rings a bell!

I spent over a decade on Zathyus Networks and contributed almost every day I was logged into the official support board. I even helped the staff with behind-the-scenes stuff at one point. It's sad that all that work went to waste.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor