Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What was your first forum?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
Going back in time, I think around 2003 - I started my very first "Gamers Kingdom" forum back on a phpBB free forum host. Did not last for long as I had no clue what I was doing. Then found my way to InvisionFree and proceeded my forum 'building career' over there.

What was your first forum you ever created ? How did it go? What was it about? Do you still remember where you first started with this online forum-ing life? What drove you to made your first forums?
And by any chance, is it still alive or at least is still around for you to reminisce once in a while? Tell us about it here. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven't owned any forum , though I own a blog which I only started a few months ago, I am really interested in expanding ad learning more about website and forum management.

I remember it was back in 2004 when I started out with my first forum. I was part of a forum prior and I liked the idea that I could build up my own forum and community so I gave it a shot at first using phpbb. I remember my first forum was a general discussion forum that I slowly built up but it never really took off and I ended up closing it. It was in 2009 that I started another forum which was a general discussion forum and I ran that using vBulletin up until Xenforo was released. I had the forum open from 2009 until 2017 when I had to make a decision to close it due to hosting prices increasing. I still to this day hate the fact I had to close it and wish I could bring it back as it was one of the biggest forums I had ever had and I was super pleased with it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds