Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What should your community offer your members?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
We all know people initially flock to our sites because of our core topics. But let's face it, it takes more than just interesting subjects to make 'em stick around. What's the magic that gets your members not just visiting, but eagerly returning?

In my book, a thriving community needs to:

• Spark curiosity and encourage the dive into fresh perspectives and intriguing conversations around the niche.
  • Encourage a spirit of friendship where members actively uplift each other. Here, for instance, we've got each other's backs on every challenge tied to building and running our platforms. We provide feedback as much as we can.
  • And oh, that feeling of “I belong here.” That, I reckon, is the real game-changer. Because without that warm, fuzzy sense of community, why would anyone make a return trip?
I'm super curious - what's on your must-have list for your community? What do you think truly makes your members return for more?

Advertisement Placeholder
Besides providing discussion, I have it set up so that members can achieve different ranks the more they post around the forum. Each time a member makes it to the next rank, they will earn a new award to display on their profile and they earn something new on the forum. What item they earn depends on each rank they make it to...

And oh, that feeling of “I belong here.” That, I reckon, is the real game-changer. Because without that warm, fuzzy sense of community, why would anyone make a return trip?
That sense of belonging is super important for any community. When I was on a previous advertising forum it took me a long time to build that feeling and I was quite inactive due to that at the beginning. Sometimes you have to throw yourself into the conversation, and that can be difficult.

I think real discussions is super important, an as an admin it's difficult to watch because sometimes all those true conversations are created by admins/staff and members aren't actively responding back and forth - perhaps they give a 1 reply, but then don't return for a discussion to break out. I think if staff can ask questions or relate to a post it would help a lot also with making people feel more embedded in the community.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds