Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What Operating System do you use?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used a linux in the past now I just use Windows , I don't have a particular reason for choosing windows over other operating system though but they serve me well anyways.

From the onset,i have been making use of windows operating system.i am very conversant with their features.

At the moment on my main PC that I do a lot of my work from, I am running Windows 10 but on my laptop that I have had for around 7 years now, unfortunately the original hard drive in it died on me and I had to switch out to a smaller one so the only option was for me to put Linux on the laptop. Luckily I only use my laptop when I am in bed or for times I do not want to be sat at my desk so it works for what I need it to work for.

I would love to be able to upgrade my PC to Windows 11 but because my hardware is so old now, it's not possible for me to upgrade so a newer PC would be needed. I am hoping to upgrade at some point as soon as I can afford to do so.

I have made use of Windows all my life. I don't even know why I don't have any liking for a different operating system.

Windows 10 Pro on the 2 Surface Books
Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 2
Windows 10 Home on the Toshiba Laptop
Peppermint Linux on the HP Mini
Linux Mint on the Asus EEE PC
macOS on the Mac Mini
Windows 10 Pro on the Dell Optiplex 9020 Desktop
Windows 11 Pro on the Dell Optiplex 7070 Desktop
Windows 10 Pro on the home made gaming desktop (Asus MB)
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on the Dell PowerEdge T340
VMWare 7.3 on the Dell PowerEdge 720
Windows 11 Pro on 1 Mele 3
Debian Bullseye on 2 Mele 3's (evaluating to replace the RPi 4's for astrophotography use)
Debian Bullseye on 2 Raspberry Pi's
Ubuntu Jammy on 1 Orange Pi
1 Windows 10 Pro in a VM instance on VMWare server
1 AlmaLinux VM instance on the VMWare server
1 Fedora Linux VM instance on the VMWare server
1 Kubuntu Linux VM instance on the VMWare server
1 OpenSuse VM instance on VMWare server
1 Gentoo VM instance on VMWare
1 Manjaro VM instance on VMWare
1 FreeBSD VM instance on VMWare

These are all systems at my house that I use (and abuse) regularly.

Last edited:
I've been hooked on Windows since I tried 3.11 for the first time. I am currently on Win 10. Unless there is a compelling need to upgrade soon, I'd prefer to continue with the current version. I've gotten too lazy over the years 😩

I prefer Linux ....... In my all systems i use Linux because its free and second there are not any tension of Virus. About all features like Libre Office, GIMP, Inkscape etc. for no any additional charge. Prefer always Ubuntu or Linux mint.

For me I use Windows. However I don't have any reason for using this Burt I can use any operating system so long as it's working fine with me.

While I find myself using Windows 10 in general, MacOS/iOS whatever at work and various flavours of Linux for servers (both), I still do a surprising amount of stuff in Amiga Workbench 3.x.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds