Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What is the worst colour?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What is the worst colour to use for your projects and in web design in general?

For myself, I would have to say yellow or brown, they are both horrible colours in my eyes and anything I do with them never turns out right until I add shadows and lighteners until they become a different colour.

What about you? What do you think is the worst colour to use and why?

Advertisement Placeholder
What is the worst colour to use for your projects and in web design in general?

For myself, I would have to say yellow or brown, they are both horrible colours in my eyes and anything I do with them never turns out right until I add shadows and lighteners until they become a different colour.

What about you? What do you think is the worst colour to use and why?
The yellow I can agree with, one of my clients wanted me to design a yellow website for them and I went as far to say I would drop them as a client if I had to do that. As for the brown, you can do some good designs with it, so long as you do it right ;)

I don't particularly like sites that are fluorescent in color, like neon green or neon pink. And believe me, I've actually seen sites like that! Also, orange is a big no-no for me. It's one of those colors that hurt they eyes no matter what the shade.

Im not a big fan of black websites.
They are far to dark & usually have bright text to contrast..
But, far to bright, lol :p
Most websites are not straight "black", as then you wouldn't be able to see anything :p
I think you can do a lot with dark themes(I recently was working with a nice darker phpbb theme), so I am going to have to disagree with you there ;)
As for bright themes, I share your distaste. I like lighter themes....but there IS a limit :p
I don't particularly like sites that are fluorescent in color, like neon green or neon pink. And believe me, I've actually seen sites like that! Also, orange is a big no-no for me. It's one of those colors that hurt they eyes no matter what the shade.
I agree with you there! I remember the good ol' neon FM days! :p
I agree with that, orange and yellow are perhaps my least favorite colors in web design(usually they're used horribly).

basically what Southern Comfort said. It really depends on how you use it. Any colour can look bad or good.

Well, if a client asks you for yellow, pink...or any other color, you gotta do it. As for personal projects, I prefer more 'calm' colors.

ANY color can be bad if used wrong. You can make yellows and browns look decent with the right color scheme. I do agree though, yellow is usually used wrong. It takes a real pro to make a bright, nasty yellow look appealing.
Exactly! I don't ate a color in particular, but the color combination is what makes me hate/ like the design.

I do agree with Pokemon, Yellow is not that good of a color alone, especially on a white, or light background. Being as most sites do tend to stick with a light theme I honestly say Yellow may be the worst color I guess, however I think no color is really bad, each color has their own place in everything, and depending on what you are making, and what the design your making is.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds