Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Admin Well-being What is one forum task that you would like to NOT do and assign to someone else?

Conversations on avoiding burnout and maintaining enthusiasm while running a forum

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
We're usually overloaded with a bunch of doing things as forum webmasters ... checking on theme issues, making sure we have updated add-ons, brainstorming fresh new content, maybe putting together a contest. This might be a task that's holding you back from spending your creative energies elsewhere.

If you could choose 1 repetitive task to give to someone else, what would it be?

Advertisement Placeholder
Content creation, for sure. I'm not very good at creating new, unique topics, or perhaps even SEO-friendly ones. I would leave that to the pros, which is why I count on post exchanges and content bundles to help my board flourish with content. I can be pretty good at creating resources, but when it comes to discussions, I am mainly inspired by topics on other forums.

which is why I count on post exchanges and content bundles to help my board flourish with content
I do not have a very good opinion of the content from these practises, it is often artificial and very little engages the community. Here on this forum I spot kilometres away the discussions from an exchange or the discussions created only to fill the forums... And then answering a question (created for an exchange of posts) whose author will never consult the answer is really frustrating.

I prefer fake users who have discussions at least for a while. Even if it is not perfect and can also seem at times somewhat artificial.
https://admin-junkies.com/threads/creating-fake-members.14945/post-125407

We're usually overloaded with a bunch of doing things as forum webmasters ... checking on theme issues, making sure we have updated add-ons, brainstorming fresh new content, maybe putting together a contest. This might be a task that's holding you back from spending your creative energies elsewhere.

If you could choose 1 repetitive task to give to someone else, what would it be?
All of the things you just named above lol. :ROFLMAO:

Coming up with a good forum can be a headache on it's own.

All of the things you just named above lol. :ROFLMAO:

Coming up with a good forum can be a headache on it's own.
Yes it's definitely hard! There are so many things that need to be done. But if you could choose one task to give to another person (who would do as good of a job as you), what would you hand off?

I think one of the smartest things an admin can do is acknowledge where someone else can be more efficient or where they're weak and someone can offer better skills or value.

I do not have a very good opinion of the content from these practises, it is often artificial and very little engages the community. Here on this forum I spot kilometres away the discussions from an exchange or the discussions created only to fill the forums... And then answering a question (created for an exchange of posts) whose author will never consult the answer is really frustrating.
This is one reason I usually prefer topics to be posted in such ways than posts. With topics, at least one subject can be discussed/answered and may generate activity from like-minded users. Posts are more of a filler that people may respond to, but indeed probably won't receive an answer unless the exchanger stumbles across the forum again.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds