Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Site Management Using Pinterest for your Community

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Have you considered creating a Pinterest for your community?

Did you know there are possible uses for Pinterest in the forum world?

- Creating a branded profile, I would make it your forum name or at least as similar as possible. Add a profile picture perhaps of the logo you might have. Make sure to fill in your bio that describes your forum's purpose!
- Pin things that are related to topics on your forum, you can even pin the link to your website, but make sure the topic being linked is visually appealing!
- Pin high-quality images that are relevant to your communities niche
- You can create different pin boards for different categories of your forum.
- Promote User-Generated Content as well. Encourage your members to share images or other content related to the forums discussions on Pinterest. It looks better if it's not all coming just from you or one account.
- Pin tutorials, guides, resources from your forum. This could help those seeking solutions and they find a home where they can go to from then on!

I can also see fun uses for your community.
- Pinterest can allow multiple people to collaborate on one "Board" have people share images, topics, all within the same topic. Perhaps each month you rotate the topic that you add new pins to!

I see this as being great for a general forum, but I think it has the potential to be great for many different types of forums. Crafty/Wedding/Recipes/Decorations/Books/etc. There really are no limits (as long as appropriate :ROFLMAO: )

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds