Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What happens if you're given shares in a company?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What happens when you get shares in a company? Maybe from taking a job, or maybe a severance package at retirement. I would love to have shares in a company, just so that I could later sell them.

If you were given shares in a major company, what would you do? Keep them in for as long as possible? Or sell it off?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never worked with companies that are publicly trading, therefore, I have never received free shares. However, I have received free shares as a part of dividends on my share investment. When I received these shares, I kept them for a long time until I though I have had enough profits.

I would keep them for a few years and sell at an appropriate time and take the profits and invest in my business which I plan to do after my retirement.

Well if I got some free shares from my pension plan for example, I think I would keep them for a while to see if I can generate an extra return, on the other hand it would be fine if they had some type of dividends, that would be a plus, it all depends on the character of each one, surely many would sell them at the moment since they want the money immediately.

If a company offer me share for free I will reserve the share slot but later will discuss with my stock broker to sell the share and give me the money which I will invest

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds