Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What gets you to buy Premium/VIP?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm not a fan of purchasing VIP access on forums, because I believe it's a waste of money, since none of them provide any features that are worthy of mentioning. In other words, I purchase VIP access only if I want to support the forum and that rarely happens.

I've given money to a forum once, when donations were asked for. Donators got access to a private area with fewer rules. I don't think I'd do it again unless the perks were really impressive, which is difficult with forums.

The only premium membership that I purchased was on my friends forum and I did it to support him. And, it made him feel really good, so I didn't mind spending the money. I was already moderator on that forum, so I wasn't really concerned about private access forums. It was just a way to help a friend out. That's what motivated me.

If premium members get extra benefits and I want those benefits, then I may go for premium membership.

For example, I bought upgraded membership on Warrior forum and I am glad I did! I received so many useful information after upgrading my account.

I only would buy membership if it was cheap and if it was a good forum than i would love to be a happy donator.

I would be more than happy to donate or buy premium membership for a forum that I enjoy using, however I would also consider what I would get in return for helping the said forum out with a donation or purchase. More benefits on the forum and also it being a cheap price to get the premium membership are two things I would consider before jumping into a purchase.

One thing which people really seem to neglect when running sites is trust.
They seem to assume that people who come to the site will automatically trust them and assume that you're not just going to take the money and run.

This is particularly bad when you have no clue what the owner's real name is or any sort of information about them or any of the staff. This is one of the main reasons that I have never paid for premium MyBB Plugins. While the sites which did follow this guideline didn't have anything of interest.

Depends on the forum. Such as Digital Point, I buy premium there for the webmaster benefits. I would not do it to support the forum as the forum is already highly supported and is in no need of outside support.

Other forums however, like Rihtar said, do not normally give good enough benefits so I would purchase Premium/VIP if I am looking to support the forum. I also only purchase it if it is a forum I am visiting often.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds