Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General What forum niches sell - as in selling the whole forum?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Jason

Legendary member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
What is a good price? For instance, would you factor in 0.10 a post when selling a forum or would you go up or down? What is the demand, generally speaking for buying a forum? What quality does it need to be? What would sell right away or be some situation where the content is bought and merged with another forum?

I would factor in the amount of posts, how old the forum is and how many plugins/themes you purchased and figure out the right price to sell it for. If it's a forum with only 100 posts, 50 threads or even lower you're probably not going to get much for it. Best to sell a forum like that for maybe $40, unless it's on paid software then I'd bump up the price a little bit more. It also depends on the niche of it too, gaming forums probably won't be worth much just because the niche is very saturated unless it's a old website. Ultimately it's best to throw a price out there and see where it goes if you're really wanting to sell your website. Just gotta wing it I suppose.

I would factor in the amount of posts, how old the forum is and how many plugins/themes you purchased and figure out the right price to sell it for. If it's a forum with only 100 posts, 50 threads or even lower you're probably not going to get much for it. Best to sell a forum like that for maybe $40, unless it's on paid software then I'd bump up the price a little bit more. It also depends on the niche of it too, gaming forums probably won't be worth much just because the niche is very saturated unless it's a old website. Ultimately it's best to throw a price out there and see where it goes if you're really wanting to sell your website. Just gotta wing it I suppose.
That's about reasonable I think. It's not shocking.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Unread Posts

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations