Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you use?

What do you use?

• Total voters

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Note, I don't mean software :p

By what do you use, I mean what apparatus do you use when you're designing? Do you prefer to use the simple and cheap mous or have you sprung for a graphics tablet/pen?

Myself, I currently just use my mouse (No other option :p) but I am looking at getting a graphics tablet for my graphics course so I can hopefully improve my work from then on. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
If it's something more complicated than a banner, or a small gradient, I use my mouse, but otherwise I pop out my tablet and go to work :D

Are tablets actually good? Been wondering obviously. :p
Well, I'm sure the newer ones are a lot better as they provide a lot bigger surface for actual usage, however the one I have is really old and the actual space for drawing etc. is sorta small. Besides that though, it's pretty good for intricate design and drawing and whatnot :)

Well, I'm sure the newer ones are a lot better as they provide a lot bigger surface for actual usage, however the one I have is really old and the actual space for drawing etc. is sorta small. Besides that though, it's pretty good for intricate design and drawing and whatnot :)

Well, that makes me happy to hear. :p I'll be sure to get onee then. I'll get a decent one to annoy you and post pictures on your profile every day. :p

You know what would be cool? A nifty script where you could graffiti all over my profile :p Then we could have a tablet war! :3

Mouse, I'm not really good at it, but when I'm editing something, I just use my mouse.

Well, both PhotoShop and GIMP provides sufficient tools to users for designing excellent banners and logos (etc etc..). Therefore I don't see myself using any sort of pens etc to have the artwork printed out on the computer. Although it should be possible (maybe with Illustrator / never done it before) to accomplish such a thing without the use of physical tools (besides the mouse), ;)

My guy got me a nice graphic tablet (a Wacom) 7 years ago, since he thought it would be a good gift for me. It was, but I still like using my mouse better, even if I have less control than I'd have with the pen on the tablet. Anyway, as long as I can correct my tracing, it's fine.

Believe it or not, I've been in graphic design for a year now and all I've been using is my mouse. I draw stuff on my sketch book first, scan it, then just use the mouse (line/curve tools) for outlining and stuff. It's actually the easier way for me, because I can't afford a tablet yet. I mean, if I'll be getting a drawing tablet, I'd prefer the best one - but as we know, the best ones are the most expensive ones.

Used a tablet once, didn't care for it. I know it sounds like it would be a good investment but I'll just stick with my mouse. I can still do fairly precise things with it and I just don't see why I should invest in a tablet I might end up not using at all! I also occasionally used my laptop track pad if my mouse isn't with me, no battery, whatever.

I will be getting a tablet, it's really handy for sketching etc and then just finishing it up on photosop[ with a mouse.
Can't wait to get one, then hopefully I'll start designing my own stuff again.

I currently just use a mouse. I've only just stared doing graphics properly though... (I didn't make my sig btw)

For me, nothing works but the mouse. But for the most part, i outsource my graphics needs to an actual designer and focus on layout of the template/theme and where elements should be placed as well as color coordination. Still the mouse is very useful for web design.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds