Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you think about republishing your old posts?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Even famous bloggers tend to republish their old topics from time to time. Do you do that?
If so what are your reasons.

Personally I haven't done this and not a fan, I prefer to write follow up posts rather than republishing the old post. That way you will get a lots of new stuffs to write about, which have changed and also you will have a chance at reducing your bounce rate.

Advertisement Placeholder
Even famous bloggers tend to republish their old topics from time to time. Do you do that?

Personally I haven't done this and not a fan, I prefer to write follow up posts rather than republishing the old post. That way you will get a lots of new stuffs to write about, which have changed and also you will have a chance at reducing your bounce rate.

I republish old content, and I see no problem with it. Though, I usually add some more information to the article before I republish it.

And by republishing it, do you mean completely copy/paste your old article? If I was a blogger I would not do that. I would most likely do what you do and do a follow up. Then again, if I was blogging I might just have said something different.

Yes, completely copying and pasting the articles with adding one or 2 sentences which says like "this article was posted a long time ago.."

I don't get why you would do that. In wordpress, if you change the publish date, then you can bump it to the front page/"repost" it. I wouldn't do what you described above.

I was just reading about a tool for finding outdated content. Their suggestion was to search for sites with outdated content, then write fresh new accurate updated content on your own site - then reach out to the webmasters to let them know that you did the work and encourage them to update their own content with links back to your site for the new content (or they can cut and paste it on to their sites then include a credit backlinking to you).

The tool is below if interested:
http://www.greenlaneseo.com/outdated-content-finder/

I republish...well let me explain how.
For example we have a method of getting traffic that worked great in the past and I wrote about it.
Now that time passed and the method is still worth using, but you have to do things differently than before. So I quote my old article and just add the changes and make sure that people notice them :D

I republish...well let me explain how.
For example we have a method of getting traffic that worked great in the past and I wrote about it.
Now that time passed and the method is still worth using, but you have to do things differently than before. So I quote my old article and just add the changes and make sure that people notice them :D

Have you experienced duplicate content issues from this?

Have you experienced duplicate content issues from this?
Nope, I dint , but that was about a year ago , this might not work that good as than... I had actually a slight increase in traffic, but well I might have hit a new highly searched topic than :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds