Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you do with your old clothes? Donate it? Sell it?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to the old clothes you have in your closet or dresser, what do you tend to do with them after you found your use out of them? Do you tend to keep them and just forget you have them? Or do you maybe donate them to people who could use them? Or if you want to make a quick buck, do you sell them for cash? What is your preferred method?

Advertisement Placeholder
When it comes to the old clothes you have in your closet or dresser, what do you tend to do with them after you found your use out of them? Do you tend to keep them and just forget you have them? Or do you maybe donate them to people who could use them? Or if you want to make a quick buck, do you sell them for cash? What is your preferred method?
Yeah, sometimes I forget about them.. sometimes for so long that when I do come across them, I'm like whoah where did this come from. 😅
Otherwise, if it's something cute and not too old or junky-looking and I don't want it anymore, I'll see if my niece wants it. And if the answer is no, then it goes on the garage sale pile. We have a garage sale every year.

We generally try to sell them in a garage sale and if they don't get sold we usually send them off to Goodwill.

I am the kind of person who find it very difficult to sell anything that I've paid for with my money which is the reason why I have never sold any of my properties before. When it comes to my old clothes that I'm no longer using, it is either I give it out or I pick the best ones and donate to the motherless baby's home.

We use them for cleaning purpose. Like for washing our car, moping the floor, etc. 😝 Sometimes we give them to needy people as well.

I actually know some people who are never interested in giving out their old clothes to anyone because they have this superstitious belief that their clothes is going to be used against them, so they either use them for cleaning purposes or they burn them.

I actually know some people who are never interested in giving out their old clothes to anyone because they have this superstitious belief that their clothes is going to be used against them, so they either use them for cleaning purposes or they burn them.
Ooh that's a news for me. Do you mean they use it for black magic and stuff like that?

Ooh that's a news for me. Do you mean they use it for black magic and stuff like that?

Yeah, that's very correct. They always have this mindset that those people they are going to give their used clothes are always going to do something spiritual with it and it's going to end up hurting them either physically or spiritually, so they prefer not to give it out.

I don't donate them. I try to keep them and use it as a cleaning cloth for the house. I don't even sell them because they are sometimes old before I drop them, and selling them won't be a viable option. So, either I burn or I keep as a cleaning clothes.

My old clothes are been donated to the people around me, even though I don't like selling out my personal stuff, I always love to donate them to the needy

My old clothes are been donated to the people around me, even though I don't like selling out my personal stuff, I always love to donate them to the needy

I cannot be interested in selling my old clothes which are no longer worth anything to me when I know so many less privileged are living around me. God will not forgive me if I should do something like this to them.

I don't donate them. I try to keep them and use it as a cleaning cloth for the house. I don't even sell them because they are sometimes old before I drop them, and selling them won't be a viable option. So, either I burn or I keep as a cleaning clothes.

When your old clothes are no longer in good condition, it is not right for you to give it out to anybody even if it is those who are homeless or less privileged. This is because it is going to be like you are insulting or mocking them as a result of their condition as the reason why you are giving them clothes that are no longer in a very good condition.

I've never worn any of my clothes until they start wearing out. I upgrade my wardrobe frequently, it's why I get out so many good clothes I've replaced to be given out. I can't burn clothes which are in gold condition.

I always have this feeling that I am making myself look like I am very poor when I start selling off any of my properties including my clothes. This is the reason why I feel a lot more comfortable having them donated to those who are going to still find value in them and make use of them.

I always have this feeling that I am making myself look like I am very poor when I start selling off any of my properties including my clothes. This is the reason why I feel a lot more comfortable having them donated to those who are going to still find value in them and make use of them.

Truthfully, it makes you look like a broke person who needs to sell his old clothes to make money. I wouldn't do anything like this because it makes the mouth taste sour. There are less privileged people who will be grateful if they get those wears.

I've never worn any of my clothes until they start wearing out. I upgrade my wardrobe frequently, it's why I get out so many good clothes I've replaced to be given out. I can't burn clothes which are in gold condition.

My being poor haven't gotten to the point where I would have to keep on wearing my clothes until they are almost like rags. I don't think this is something I would be able to put myself through simply because I don't want to give out the clothes to others who might have need for it.

In the past, I used to donate my old clothes. These days, I either repurpose or recycle. I repurpose old clothes to make kitchen towels, mops, etc. I recycle old clothes to make fibers and use those fibers to make new mattress and cushions.

If those clothes are in good condition, I will never have the heart to repurpose or recycle them into kitchen towels, mops, or foot mats. I've all these kitchen towels, mops, or foot mats before while another person doesn't have any better clothes to wear. I know where to put the clothes to use.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds