Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you consider the hardest task of managing a website?

RedPumpkin

Credits
Out of all the small tasks, the endless hours of setting it up, running server tests and even plugin testing... I find the hardest task is actually getting people to see it. Finding steady flow of traffic and members/sign ups is always the hardest for me.

Advertisement Placeholder
My biggest challenge is traffic. Getting people to come to the site.

It's something I've never been good at but always wished I was.

My biggest challenge is traffic. Getting people to come to the site.

It's something I've never been good at but always wished I was.

Same, Its a full time job just to get enough traffic, and then you have to constantly continue the process. It is hard definitely.

Here's a sure fire way to become rich: discover a sure-fire way to get loads and loads of traffic, 100% success rate, and sell books or subscriptions.

The hardest task would definitely be building traction and by that I mean building a steady surge of traffic.

Traffic and spam. Getting people to want to come back over and over again while keeping trolls and spam bots away.

Traffic, I think, will always be the biggest concern. To get the traffic you have to keep your site interesting and up to date. This means loads and loads of original content. Updating would run a close second next to traffic.

Traffic, I think, will always be the biggest concern. To get the traffic you have to keep your site interesting and up to date. This means loads and loads of original content. Updating would run a close second next to traffic.

Exactly! This has to be the most difficult task there is! Staying relevant is hard enough, but building steady traffic comes with a mountain of difficulties.

SPAM... and not the kind in the tin can. Sometimes I have to spend hours cleaning up junk and it can be annoying but I am taking on some people to help out.

Do you not have anything to deal with the spam automatically?

Yeah but spammers seem to be able to find ways around it. I don't want to take away from my members because of them trolls. I will just have more people to stop them.

What are you using to keep the spammers away?

It depends on what we are referring to. On my forums it is a built in feature that makes it so members need a certain post count before they can share links or videos. Some of the spammers wised up to this one. On my blogs I use a few different plugins. I can't think of the names off the top of my head.

It depends on what we are referring to. On my forums it is a built in feature that makes it so members need a certain post count before they can share links or videos. Some of the spammers wised up to this one. On my blogs I use a few different plugins. I can't think of the names off the top of my head.
I'm sure there are other things you could find for the blog and forums. If you need help finding any of them, just tell me the software and I can research.

I'm sure there are other things you could find for the blog and forums. If you need help finding any of them, just tell me the software and I can research.

I am up for recommendations if you would love to share some :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds