Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What can be done when you just don't like a forum member?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
There will always be instances where you just don't like one forum member or another. And, as forum owner or admin, you could easily ban that person for no reason. It's your site, who can tell you otherwise. But, what if there is no valid reason to ban them? Maybe they just annoy you with the know it all attitude or there's another petty issue underlying. Or, worse that person is super popular on your site, so if you ban them, then you might have other members leave in protest. So how can you deal with a situation like this, where there's one person on forum you really don't like? It's your site, do you ban or just keep your distance?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it's the same as in "real life"; you keep your distance and don't interact with them more than necessary. You can ban then for no reason, but that's simply idiotic in my opinion.

I've seen forum administrators that just ban people they don't like, but where is that going to get you? You're an administrator, you're supposed to be professional and keep all personal issues aside. If a member breaks a rule or disrespects you, then sure take action, but if you simply don't fancy a member for any particular reason, just treat them as any ordinary member. They don't have to be your friend nor your enemy.

In situations like this you need to be the bigger person and act mature, you just need to deal with it and ignore them whenever possible. Banning a person for no reason at all is just going to destroy your reputation slowly. It's never the right path to take.

When I do not like a forum member, I simply ignore the person. There is not much you can do about the person, other than ignoring.

It's a difficult situation to be in I will admit however we all have probably been through it in real life away from forums and we all have dealt with it in our own way. I know when I don't like someone in real life I keep my distance and only speak to them if I really have to and I think the same should apply on forums. They will always have other staff members they can go to for problems so that should not be a problem so unless absolutely necessary I would keep my distance and not speak unless I had to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds