Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What are your thoughts on Windows 11 so far?

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Windows 11 I have been using now for almost a year since I got my laptop to replace my desktop that was giving me a lot of issues, mainly with random restarts.

I have enjoyed using Windows 11 so far and can't say that I have had any issues with it at all, I feel it's run smoothly at least for me.

Do you use Windows 11? If you do, how are you finding it? Have you had any issues with Windows 11?

Advertisement Placeholder
I’ve heard it runs horribly on a HDD and so windows forced suppliers to sell windows 11 machines with SSD. Because of course too bad, microsoft gets the blame for the prevalence of laptops shipped with HDD just not so long ago :/

I wasn't a massive fan when it came out, but at this point, I'm used to it.

And certain features (like the tabs in Notepad) are nice to have... not necessary by any means (since I managed for two decades without them), but they do make life easier :) .

The Windows recall fiasco has somewhat soured my outlook on Windows 11. At least Microsoft is deciding on not rolling that update out after all, but it doesn't mean it's gone completely... I will say I like 11 a heck of a lot more than 10. I had too many issues with 10 on different computers that it's one of my least favorite operating systems of all time.

The Windows recall fiasco has somewhat soured my outlook on Windows 11. At least Microsoft is deciding on not rolling that update out after all, but it doesn't mean it's gone completely... I will say I like 11 a heck of a lot more than 10. I had too many issues with 10 on different computers that it's one of my least favorite operating systems of all time.
What kinda issues?

What kinda issues?
Windows update didn't install properly on two laptops I have, so on one I just reinstalled Windows 10 completely and the other one I plan on just adding Linux to once I back up my data. Granted both use a HDD rather than a SSD, but it's still left a bad mark for Windows 10 in my eyes.

Windows update didn't install properly on two laptops I have, so on one I just reinstalled Windows 10 completely and the other one I plan on just adding Linux to once I back up my data. Granted both use a HDD rather than a SSD, but it's still left a bad mark for Windows 10 in my eyes.
I just had a friend give me a computer to work on in which he had update problems with Windows 10 Pro (the system appears to freeze).
Guess what the ultimate issue was? If you guessed failing spinning platter hard drive failing, you win!
Put a new SSD that I had in the old computer (2018 era) and then went ahead and booted the Rufus USB install up on it and burned Windows 11 Pro out to it (even though the hardware didn't meet MS requirements).
Even with 6GB RAM the laptop (an I5 processor) was snappy.
He likes it because he's an accountant and it was one of the few laptops that he could find that still had an actual 10 key on the keyboard. He was very happy to get it back even though he has a newer and faster one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds