Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Were you ever a manager or a business owner? tell me about your experience.

I am currently managing my small offline business and the experience has been both mixture of good and bad , before I started making good and reliable customer , i had to use my online earning to pay my worker before the business started paying off gradually.
that's actually a very good one. Starting a business can be very challenging but with consistency you can be able to make something reasonable at the end of the day. I am also planning to set up my own offline business very soon but I am currently not in the right location.

Advertisement Placeholder
that's actually a very good one. Starting a business can be very challenging but with consistency you can be able to make something reasonable at the end of the day. I am also planning to set up my own offline business very soon but I am currently not in the right location.
I would like to advise you to scout for a good location before you start the business. A good location will lead to good sales and will increase your profit and chances of expanding the business.

Actually I have never heard the opportunity to be a manager yet, so I do not have any experience of being a manager but I have worked under some people who have managed contract and I really like the way some of them give instructions with no symbol of disrespect.

I would like to advise you to scout for a good location before you start the business. A good location will lead to good sales and will increase your profit and chances of expanding the business.
Yes, good location is very important for any business venture if not you may actually not succeed. Even if you have a very good business idea and you are not in the right location, your chances of succeeding is very slim. The number of people that will buy a product matters a lot.

Yes, good location is very important for any business venture if not you may actually not succeed. Even if you have a very good business idea and you are not in the right location, your chances of succeeding is very slim. The number of people that will buy a product matters a lot.
Another major issue is that other similar businesses were established close to mine. They really brought competition to it and they started crashing the prices just to get more customers.

Another major issue is that other similar businesses were established close to mine. They really brought competition to it and they started crashing the prices just to get more customers.
That's just it, competition is something you should always expect in any business venture. You must draft out strategies that would help you in order to be very competitive in business. If you're not competitive your competitors will outsmart you and make a lot of profit.

That's just it, competition is something you should always expect in any business venture. You must draft out strategies that would help you in order to be very competitive in business. If you're not competitive your competitors will outsmart you and make a lot of profit.
You have really made a good point. A smart businessman must always anticipate competition from rival businesses and work towards outsmarting them.

You have really made a good point. A smart businessman must always anticipate competition from rival businesses and work towards outsmarting them.
Competition is necessary and a must in so many businesses, so you must be ready to compete in order to be successful. You should always try to be very innovative in order to beat your competitors.

Currently I am a business owner and my experiences thus far makes me believe more in patient and persistence. So many times I felt like closing down the business because of low patronage. Low patronage made me to run at a loss because my goods usually get damaged. There were times I lost goods worth N30,000-40,000 at once. I continued and concentrated more on customers satisfaction and today the story is different.
Currently I am a business owner and my experiences thus far makes me believe more in patient and persistence. So many times I felt like closing down the business because of low patronage. Low patronage made me to run at a loss because my goods usually get damaged. There were times I lost goods worth N30,000-40,000 at once. I continued and concentrated more on customers satisfaction and today the story is different.

I've not been a business owner before but soon planing to be. It's nice knowing about the experiences shared here, it will be a guide for me.

I am never a manager but i am a small business owner , who has a small baking business where I bake cakes , snacks like meatpie , doughnuts , egg buns and also sells baking ingredients .

I am never a manager but i am a small business owner , who has a small baking business where I bake cakes , snacks like meatpie , doughnuts , egg buns and also sells baking ingredients .
That would automatically qualify you as the manager of the business. You're the head of the business and you take all the necessary business decisions.

I once had a small business in which I was doing some things but then it crashed because of having very little experience and not knowing what to do at critical times.

I own a business and I must confess, it is not really easy to manage a business effectively. It will take a lot of plans for you to be able to succeed in any business and you will go through lot of rough terrain during the process of your success because you would experience lots of failure along the line.

That would automatically qualify you as the manager of the business. You're the head of the business and you take all the necessary business decisions.
so i am a manager and also a business owner because i have a person working for me , though I also takes advise from him because I learnt he's smart and know the aspect of my work.

so i am a manager and also a business owner because i have a person working for me , though I also takes advise from him because I learnt he's smart and know the aspect of my work.
I understand your point. It is very good to take advice and input from people around you even if they are Juniors. It is always wise to see things from another perspective.

How does it feel to have such a significant and big responsibility, to own people who are working for you, and did it went well?
Did you get paid well? What were the difficulties for you? What were your fears? Did you have co-workers who were your friends?
Do you regret about working at such a thing? What is the conclusion you can give?.
I have been both a manager and a subordinates in different organization,but the feelings is far differ and the expection as a manager is always very high for one to deliver.

Though I've never had my offline business but I've managed a subsidiary in time past. I'd say I tried but didn't do too well because of limited knowledge and follow the crowd mentality.
If given another opportunity with this level of experience I'm currently at, I'd do a lot better.

Though I've never had my offline business but I've managed a subsidiary in time past. I'd say I tried but didn't do too well because of limited knowledge and follow the crowd mentality.
If given another opportunity with this level of experience I'm currently at, I'd do a lot better.
Despite it not being successful, I'm sure you learnt a lot of lessons from it. Such lessons and experiences will shape us and prepare us for future tasks and business that we may own later on.

I have never been a manager before. I am doing business right now and I can say that I am the business owner of the business.
I have not employed anyone as I do the business myself all alone.I sometimes get help from my wife.
Being the owner I enjoy the profits earned from the shop and suffer losses incurred in the business too
Managing the business has not been an easy task I must say. It's very difficult especially in this bad economic climate

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds