Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Website/ domain value checker

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
I have seen people quote Estibot's valuation of their domain. Do you think this is a good guideline of a domain's potential worth or do you think it is useless?

Personally I think domain valuations are unrealistic. For example: we have 17 576 three letter combinations and then a huge number of TLDs. Honestly why would a three letter ,com be worth thousands?

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of the time, shorter domains tend to be worth more than longer domains.
However, this also depends on things such as the current domain website, keyword match, and all other facters.

Normally I try to get the shortest domain I can. If I could get a 3 letter domain that could represent my site (Example for PardyCo Networks) pcn.com would be faster to type, and easier to remember. However, I do like Pardy.co as well as it fits so perfectly :D

Anyhow, domain value estimates are always estimates and should never be followed as a guideline. Your domain is worth the highest someone is willing to buy it for.

The value of a site is how much a person will be willing to buy that website for. So I think the websites which calculate the value of a website using some algorithm of their own is bs. :/

Yeah a value of a website includes alot of other factors how much time a person spent making a site with that domain is one thing like right now estibot says my domain is worth nothing but i wouldnt sell my domain for less then 40 dollars

The value of a domain, as said by others, relies on many variables that sites such as EstiBot cannot value. For example, my name is Matthew, therefore I would be willing to spend a lot of money on matthew.com to use as my portfolio. However, to others it may be useless. In the end all it really comes down to is the value to the individuals involved, not what some algorithm thinks it is worth.

Domain value checkers are useless imo. If you want to get an idea of what your site/domain is worth, then ask some people around. Don't rely on some outdated script with random variables.

Domain value checkers are useless imo. If you want to get an idea of what your site/domain is worth, then ask some people around. Don't rely on some outdated script with random variables.
Yes I agree, posting on forums and asking for peer reviews might be the better option.

I think some of these domain owners purposefully jack up their asking price to pretend like there is some demand for it, and that you need to get it right away before someone else does. Although one of the last companies I worked for sold just the domain itself for 35MM, which set a record for one of the most expensive domain sales in recent history.

If I ever actually believed what such checkers say, I'd be retiring on my own private island right now.

The value depends some time of the length of the domain name and on the the keywords in it. I have for example adminsforum.org that got it in the first page of google without any promotion, just because the keywords admins and forum are are in the name.
I usually value my domains by the keywords search and how easy or hard it is to promote them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds