Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Ways You Can Get Traffic Without Search Engines Or Social Media?

Vampa

Credits
Supposing someone is entirely a newbie on the net. They are yet to create accounts on social media networks and they also can't get traffic from search engines because, well, SEO is alien to them.

Should someone like this create a blog, how can they get traffic to their site?

There are some alternative ways to get a little traffic even if you have no social media presence:

1. Blog comments.
It's an old school strategy but it still does work. Each comment you leave on some blog might get you traffic. The more comments you write on numerous blogs, the higher your chances of getting some traffic.

2. Forums
Forums owners might hate spam and self-promotion but most allow you to have a link on your profile. If content you post on the forum is helpful people will obviously want to know more about you and visit your site they will.

3. Question and Answer Sites
You can get tons of traffic from Quora or Yahoo Answers but you'll need to build a reputation on those sites first.

4. Promote Your Site Offline
Word of mouth marketing. It can get you the initial traffic boost you need to motivate you to keep working hard creating more content and promoting your site.

5. Your URL in Email Signatures
If you send numerous emails every day, then some of the people who see your URL may visit your site.

All the best!

Advertisement Placeholder
1. Blog comments.
It's an old school strategy but it still does work. Each comment you leave on some blog might get you traffic. The more comments you write on numerous blogs, the higher your chances of getting some traffic.

Just make sure that your comments are meaningful and relevant, because this feature is abused way too much so if you try to simply do a drive by commenting spree to get some back links your comments are going to end up in some spam folder never to be seen again. I particularly dislike blog comments that were made with the sole objective to link to a page and I am not alone in this feeling, specially when you can tell that the person didn't even bothered to actually read the post they were adding comments to. I saw a couple of instances of blog posts that were describing some very sad events filled with a couple of comments that were like "This was a great story! I love you please visit xxx", that was tacky and of poor taste, if you do stuff like that people are not only going to avoid going to your site but you could even risk destroying your site's reputation.

Long story short, don't spam, the internet hates spam and will respond to you accordingly: nobody will visit because the general consensus is that nothing good ever comes out of spam.

Good tips. I'm a little out of date with how to get a website promoted as times have changed since I last made a major attempt at it. I'm not much of a social media user unfortunately; I don't have enough followers to make effective use of them. I am fond of blogging however. Another way to get promoted through them is to do guest posts that will offer a link back to your website. If you link to interesting posts they might receive a notification informing them of this too. On forums you can sometimes put links and banners in your signature. It's also acceptable to put recommendations and links in posts so long as it's relevant (if somebody is searching for a service that your website offers for instance.) Best to check the forum rules too just in case. For both blogging and forums it's about contributing and you want to try and integrate into the community rather than feeling like you're only there to spam your link. It'll be time consuming, but you'll also get to talk with lots of potential visitors.

Good tips, the e-mail signature could actually work quit well, I never though of using it but I can see how it can give your site some extra exposure. Very often people try to suggest sending newsletters but I find that they no longer have the same impact they did in the past. Most people have moved to the social media and very often don't even open the newsletter e-mails that they receive.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds