Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ways To Avoid Excessive Spending

You must set your own priorities or limits to what you must spend.you must have to do list in which you have list of what you need accordingly by starting with what you need mostly,then what you need but not compulsory and what you have options for to do.

Advertisement Placeholder
To avoid excessive spending has to do with to do list and discipline... Without discipline you can't achieve it. Sometimes you will be spending without know you are going beyond limits, before you will realize it will be too late...

The worst thing is, most of the things people spend excessively on are not important at all...

Start With Goals. Have a Detailed Budget. Create a Meal Plan. Always Shop With a List. Stop Social Shopping. Figure Out Your Triggers. Cut Out Credit Cards. Try an all Cash Budget. Find Free Entertainment. Track Your Spending.

I have my own way of minimizing excessive spending, it's been working for me and I hope it works for you too. first of all I make list of things I want in order of preference, I make budget for the month. I always make sure not to spend more than what I budgeted for the month. I avoid withdrawing extra money so I don't spend it on irrelevant things

Way to avoid excess spending

Work out what it costs in work time. ...
Focus on your debt/savings. ...
Check if you're leaking money via unused subs & payments. ...
Stop spending so much on food - plan, plan, plan. ...
Leave debit/credit cards at home. ...
Avoid temptation - don't go shopping

Many individuals who spend unreasonably need more cash or are consistently paying off debtors. On the off chance that you additionally spend unreasonably and you need to stop it, at that point this post is unquestionably for you!

1. Learn Discipline: Discipline is demonstration of making the best decision at the ideal time. It is equivalent to discretion. Being focused is the surest method to chop down unreasonable spending. Control involves having the option to spend in a savvy and sound path without anybody convincing you to.

2. Try not to convey more money than you need around: Let's consider two people John and Daniel. John ventures out from home with 6,000 Naira and Daniel ventures out from home with 1,400 Naira. Who is bound to go through unnecessarily spending during the day between the two people? Clearly, John is probably going to spend unnecessarily and Daniel is probably going to spend sensibly

3. Have an arrangement … A spending plan: A spending plan is separated synopsis of proposed consumption typically combined with anticipated income. When making a spending plan, your proposed use should be lesser than the normal income in order to cater for possibilities or emergence that may emerge.

4. Squander not and purchase in mass: Do not waste any significant things or resource you have. On the off chance that you discover a thing no more useful, at this point be helpful, you can do well by selling or giving it out to noble cause. Likewise, purchasing things in mass saves you a ton of cash as the unit cost of products are higher when contrasted with what you get for purchasing in mass.

5. Figure out how to say no to chipping in your cash and purchasing pointless things: Sometimes your powerlessness to deny certain things is the motivation behind why you are constantly poor. You ought to try not to chip in your cash to occasions that surface too much of the time and not incidentally. Also, you ought to request yourself from you truly need what you are going to purchase.

Purchasing in large quantities save one the stress of spending more when buying in bits. I always buy the necessary things in bulks and that has helped me save money for a period of time now and that's quite good to me too.

To curb excessive spending one has to be very discipline, you have to only spend on necessities, things that you can't do without and reduce or completely stop spending on frivolities, also avoid holding of too much cash than you need at any particular time.

To avoid unnecessary spending, one must learn how to safe first because if you have saved some good amount of money you won't go about spending unnecessary you will at that time spend on necessities only or buy things which are on your budget list.
I agree with you on this.
Excessive spending can be avoidable.

You can open a savings account for a long period of time. By doing this you can avoid too much spending because you have committed your money usefully.

Have an investment plan for yourself and start investing.

The first and third points are the most important, being disciplined by following laid down spending plans and budget. Thanks for sharing, very helpful.
Sometimes waving a magic MoneySaving wand and changing all your providers isn’t enough to really improve your finances. Two further simple words are needed... STOP SPENDING. Whether you need scaring into it, or tips on cutting back, this guide and the frightening Demotivator tool will help tackle those spending demons.

The importance of discipline In finance cannot be overemphasized as this helps in managing our spending habits so that we won't overspend on unnecessary things.
I am that kind of person that overspends when I have money in my hand but I am currently learning discipline by cautioning myself from any act that may lead me to overspending especially on things I don't really need.

Those are very good and practical ways to avoid excessive spending. I believe that exercising discipline is the most important step in avoiding excessive spending. And you can only become self disciplined when you engage in your life with mindfulness and self awareness. Budgetting is also great as you are able to spend with a plan.

The simple antidote to excessive spending is to develop saving habit. This can be very hard at first, it keep getting easier as time goes on. I have battle with this for long time untill I discovered that if I don't stop this bad habit, it can ruin my financial capacity. So it is good to have a saving culture no matter how small.

1. Analyse what makes you overspend and hit on that, work it out.
  2. Develop self control for which meditation and motivational videos will be helpful.
  3. Set a goal in life and keep reminding yourself of it, it will help you stay more focussed and lessen the distractions.
  4. Live a busy life in academic or physical upfront, and cut down social gatherings and social media use to bare minimum.
  5. A lot of things, infact the best things in life are free, connect to them. Like spend time with your parents, it benefits in ways more than you can imagine. Induldge in your hobbies. Spend time with nature. Visit an orphanage, or as the case may be.
  6. Lastly, life is not about what you have or buy rather it’s about what you give and how you help others so if you have money to overspend on partying or shopping, you can obviously try feeding atleast two to three poor children every week, it will change you in ways that will leave you surprised.

Ways To Avoid Excessive Spendin​

Work out what it costs in work time.
Focus on your debt/savings.
Check if you're leaking money via unused subs & payments. ...
Stop spending so much on food - plan, plan, plan. ...
Leave debit/credit cards at home. ...
Avoid temptation - don't go shopping

1. Work out what it costs in work time. ...
  2. Focus on your debt/savings. ...
  3. Check if you're leaking money via unused subs & payments. ...
  4. Stop spending so much on food - plan, plan, plan. ...
  5. Leave debit/credit cards at home. ...
  6. Avoid temptation - don't go shopping.

The first and foremost thing to do to prevent unwise spending is to be disciplined. When you are disciplined, you would be able to control your self and your spending. Another thing is investment. There are some good, cool, and highly rewarding investments, which would help tie your money down, yield and help you prevent unwise spending.

There are uncountable ways one could avoid excess spending, one of those ways is to avoid any thing alcohol and also avoiding womanizing, also avoiding excess spending you shouldn't buy anything that you don't need but you should only buy what you want

Create a Budget or Improve Your Existing Budget. Taking a hard look at what you bring in versus what you spend is a crucial first step. Seeing how much you’re blowing on clothes, electronics, and other luxury items can be a major wake-up call. Forget your credit and debit card. Numbers
When shopping online, there’s no greater convenience than knowing your credit card number by heart.

Nice tips you dropped here. You can only avoid excessive and lavish spending through planning and budgeting, and you must also learn to save no matter how little it might be. To avoid unnecessary spending, one has to have a detailed budgets for his business. This will guide you in spending on only what is needed and not on what is wanted.

Wise thinking, we need to be disciplined in the way we spend money. We shouldn't spend money because we are hungry to spend money. No, we should spend wisely with discipline.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds