Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ways To Avoid Excessive Spending

1. Put any Bonuses Into Savings: its best to develop a habbit of saving up any extra profit or bonus gotten in business

2. Make Meals at Home: eating at home would help in saving alot of money instead of eating out a meal that would cause the amout to cook for 3 days at home.

3. Make a Grocery List Before Going to the Store: itd better to have a list of things needed before going to the market, so you wount be tempted to buy things you dont need

Advertisement Placeholder
Excessive is the act of doing something more than normal or as required of you to do. Way yo prevent or avoid excessive spending are as follows ; self disciplines helps to avoid it , learning to buy in blog which helps you spend less, learning to restrained yourself through managing.

One of the ways to avoid excess spending is to draw a budget, which covers the total expenditure of an individual or organization, it provides guide lines for incom and expenditure. I think budget is the best guide from excessive spending.

You need to create a budget, monthly budget and stick to it. That's the secret! And once you have exhausted your monthly budget, the next expenses should be shifted to next month.
[automerge]1612345425[/automerge]
You need to create a budget, monthly budget and stick to it. That's the secret! And once you have exhausted your monthly budget, the next expenses should be shifted to next month. By this way, you will be able to control your spending.

Let me add this again, there are some strategies you can use to avoid excessive spending.
Map out your budget very well, do a spending timetable for everything you are doing.
I no longer go to restaurant to eat, I cook everything I eat.
I don't give people more than 5000naira.

To avoid excessive spending, one must have an investment that one puts money in. Money earned must be accounted for. So in order to do that, one must invest in different businesses, have different saving platforms where money is being kept until it is needed for something important.
Spending excessively might affect one's expenses and must be attended to
[automerge]1612348034[/automerge]
To avoid excessive spending, one must have an investment that one puts money in. Money earned must be accounted for. So in order to do that, one must invest in different businesses, have different saving platforms where money is being kept until it is needed for something important.
Spending excessively might affect one's expenses and must be attended to

There's no too way on how to avoid excessive spending than to be disciplined because even if you are trying to avoid spending excessively, situations can arise and consume a lot from you. But your scale of preference and choice will actually go a long way to help you.

You have made valid points in your post there. They are all really a mouthful. Drawing up a budget every week or month can go a long way in cutting down on your excessive spending habits.

It is imperative that you learn to curb unnesserary spending. I used to be a careless spender from the money my parents gave to me not until I started working and making money myself did I realise the value of saving, planning and budget.
These three words have helped me so far. Try to read about them, they will help you

One of the ways you can avoid excessive spendings is by making sure you plan your budget and work with it. Try to separate your needs from your want. If you do not have a budget, you end up spending money buying things you do not need.

1. Inculcate discipline: Discipline is act of the doing the right thing at the right time. It is synonymous to self control. Being disciplined is the surest way to cut down excessive spending. Discipline entails being able to spend in a wise and rational way without anyone compelling you to.

2. Prepare meals yourself: Meals prepared at home are very cheap compared to meals that one buys at a cafeteria or at a restaurant though they might be tastier. However, as time goes on you will certainly improve- Cooking is an art that’s perfected day after day.

3. Have a plan … A budget: A budget is itemized summary of intended expenditure usually coupled with expected revenue. An expenditure is an amount of money to be spent while a revenue is a source of income. When making a budget, your intended expenditure must be lesser than the expected revenue so as to cater for contingencies that may arise.

4. Waste not and buy in bulk: Do not waste any valuable items or asset you have. If you find an item no longer useful, you can do well by selling or giving it out to charity. Also, buying things in bulk saves you a lot of money as the unit price of commodities are higher when compared to what you get for buying in bulk.

5. Learn to say no to volunteering your money and buying unnecessary things: Sometimes your inability to say no to certain things is the reason why you are always broke. You should avoid volunteering your money to events that come up too frequently and not occasionally. In addition, you should ask yourself of you really need what you are about to buy.

6. Reduce the use of credit cards

and online shopping : When you buy things using your ATM Card or credit card, there’s a probability that you will spend excessively. Online shopping, paying through the POS or buying airtime through your account is so convenient that you don’t realise you are already spending too much. So if you want to reduce excessive spending, cut down the use of credit cards and online shopping!

7. Ignore some discounts and price slashes: Many malls and online shops increase their sales by occasionally providing discounts and price slashes but at a disadvantage to many people who buy things they do not need just because of incentives of this kind.

8. Do your laundry yourself: Doing your laundry yourself can be a very strenuous task but doing it yourself saves you a lot of money and makes you self reliant.

There are several ways to avoid excessive spending and lavishing of money. The first way to do that is saving up in a locked or fixed account where you don’t have access to it. Secondly draw out a budget for your spending and expenses, make a target to what you buy and how much you spend daily, weekly and monthly, this will help minimize unnecessary purchase of goods and gives you a good scale of preference.

In order to avoid excessive spending is to write down the things you need for your shopping and buy them on the scale of preference because if you don't budget you will end up buying unnecessary things which you never plan to buy initially.

1. Sleep on it. ...
  2. Work out what it costs in work time. ...
  3. Focus on your debt/savings. ...
  4. Check if you're leaking money via unused subs & payments. ...
  5. Stop spending so much on food - plan, plan, plan. ...
  6. Leave debit/credit cards at home. ...
  7. Avoid temptation - don't go shopping.

Budgeting everything is how I deal with things. I don't spend money on things I don't need. I only spend on stuff I really need, and I only do it when I know it's something I can't go without. I buy food, pay the bills, and pay for whatever is needed for my business. And so far, budgeting it all, has worked wonders

There are several ways to curb extravagant spending;
Discipline:you don't spend base on what you feel
Budget:plan what to buy....

Money should be spend wisely and every figure of the money should be recorded. There are many ways to avoid excessive spending .
1. Set you priorities
2. Spend less on fun
3. Create a medium of savings for your self.
5. Avoid uneccessry bills
6. Have budget for your income

To avoid excessive spending You need to have a target on money saving so as for any future occurrence e.g Accident,burglary,Fire occurrences e.t.c and also source for a very reliable means of saving. From here you may either use the money

You can first of all help yourself by setting a convenient budget for yourself.this budget is to guide how you should money, and that budget should be in a form that defines clearly your needs from your wants.

Ways to avoid excessive spending in business, wise thinking will help the business, good management and the business owner should put themselves on monthly salary, they should not see the business as their own.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds