Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Was your business ever behind in sales?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where your business was behind sales, so much so that you weren't making any money around that time? What would you do in that scenario? I haven't been in such a situation myself, but it always makes me wonder how major businesses or any business can keep things up for a long time, especially if sales start to fall. What do you do?

Advertisement Placeholder
Where I work now had a few short periods where sales and revenue in general dipped way down. This was on and off from May of 2020 until June of 2022. It has recovered since then at least. We just had to wait for the covid stuff to pass.

Where I work now had a few short periods where sales and revenue in general dipped way down. This was on and off from May of 2020 until June of 2022. It has recovered since then at least. We just had to wait for the covid stuff to pass.

Well, during the time of covid-19, there wasn't anything that could have had been done except waiting for the business to open and prosper after the pandemic ends. However, many businesses are still suffering due to effects of pandemic, even after the pandemic ended.

Before I started my online business, I had three offline businesses, my businesses shut down because they did not have enough sales to cover even the running cost. Even with my online business, my sales are low but my runnong costs are nominal, that's why despite not haveing a huge sale, I am still running my businesses.

Transportation business is very unpredictable at times. There's a day you will have series of bookings you will be burn out from too much driving and there are days when you won't have up to 5 bookings in a day. I've experienced both of them in my business.

Transportation business is very unpredictable at times. There's a day you will have series of bookings you will be burn out from too much driving and there are days when you won't have up to 5 bookings in a day. I've experienced both of them in my business.

There are many businesses right now in my country that tend to suffer a lot because right now the country is going through a really bad phase. The economical condition of the country is so bad that many people are moving out of the country. Purchasing power of many people have also dropped. This means fewer sales.

Was there ever a time where your business was behind sales, so much so that you weren't making any money around that time? What would you do in that scenario? I haven't been in such a situation myself, but it always makes me wonder how major businesses or any business can keep things up for a long time, especially if sales start to fall. What do you do?

Yes of course. I have witnessed this a couple of times in my business of poultry and fish farming. There was a breeding session when sales was so poor that it took me longer than I expected to sell off my birds. The more they stayed, is the more they consume my feeds.

There are actually some seasons my business could be behind in sales due to most times inadequate materials to work. Though it does not happen at the time. Another is when we didn't open for business regularly..

I think that this depends on how many clients you have. If you have many clients, who place an order regularly, then your business may not get affected. However, this all depends on the number of clients who buy from you on a regular basis. This is quite important for the business.

I think that this depends on how many clients you have. If you have many clients, who place an order regularly, then your business may not get affected. However, this all depends on the number of clients who buy from you on a regular basis. This is quite important for the business.
You can't determine how many clients you're going to drive in a day on your own. It's their schedule which will make them book more or less in a day. When they book less, you won't have more rides to complete and it's less pay for you.

It is not easy for some of us that are into poultry farming. Before I began selling on the internet, there have been times that we had glut that even made me sell below the cost prices. Those are times that I even thought about quitting the business as I was not making any profit as a business owner. I believe promoting my business on social media helped me a lot in the business.

It is not easy for some of us that are into poultry farming. Before I began selling on the internet, there have been times that we had glut that even made me sell below the cost prices. Those are times that I even thought about quitting the business as I was not making any profit as a business owner. I believe promoting my business on social media helped me a lot in the business.

I know a lot of poultry farmers who are forced to carry their chickens to the open market where they sell them. If you took your own chickens there, you must make sure to sell all of them otherwise taking them back to your farm will result in the death of some of them.

Selling any of your business products below cost price is going to make you feel depressed because all your efforts in the business was a total waste of time and money. If you sell below cost price, you're not recovering the capital spent on the business. Those who experience this often doesn't stay in the business for long.

Selling any of your business products below cost price is going to make you feel depressed because all your efforts in the business was a total waste of time and money. If you sell below cost price, you're not recovering the capital spent on the business. Those who experience this often doesn't stay in the business for long.

There comes a time when many businesses sell products at a minimal cost, as they may have no other option. This is mainly due to the fact that the competition might be really severe in the market or the sales may be taking a nosedive. In such cases, many companies try their best to sell products at manageable prices.

There comes a time when many businesses sell products at a minimal cost, as they may have no other option. This is mainly due to the fact that the competition might be really severe in the market or the sales may be taking a nosedive. In such cases, many companies try their best to sell products at manageable prices.
Selling of business products at cost price or with a very small amount of profit is a common business sale's strategy. When you want to sell products on clearance, it's how you fix the selling prices.

Selling of business products at cost price or with a very small amount of profit is a common business sale's strategy. When you want to sell products on clearance, it's how you fix the selling prices.

If your business is not generating enough sales, then the time has come in order to understand the root cause. I have seen many businesses getting closed as they were not able to boost sales at all. This led to the death of business. You must try to get a better product at a low cost from the wholesale market in case if you are a retailer.

If your business is not generating enough sales, then the time has come in order to understand the root cause. I have seen many businesses getting closed as they were not able to boost sales at all. This led to the death of business. You must try to get a better product at a low cost from the wholesale market in case if you are a retailer.
A business cannot afford not selling. If your business isn't selling, you will be paying for expenses from your pocket and it's not how business is supposed to be carried out. This is why you keep on marketing until your sales are overflowing.

A business cannot afford not selling. If your business isn't selling, you will be paying for expenses from your pocket and it's not how business is supposed to be carried out. This is why you keep on marketing until your sales are overflowing.

Well, in order to counter this problem, a business may start selling products at a lower cost. This may eliminate competition to some extent. Moreover, you may manage to create a specific market of your own products. Your audience shall be different in this case.

Well, in order to counter this problem, a business may start selling products at a lower cost. This may eliminate competition to some extent. Moreover, you may manage to create a specific market of your own products. Your audience shall be different in this case.
Business can't sell at a much lower cost because they won't be able to generate more money which is going to be enough to pay for all the cost of running the business. The best solution would be finding a new market for the business products which will help it sell well in the new market. The new market can be a new location for selling the products.

I believe that this happened at the time of COVID as it's from around 2020. Most businesses suffered as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus. It's only businesses that are essential commodities that took advantage of the situation and had massive sales. Others businesses had to find a way to stay active till the virus was put in check.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds