Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Wanting to sell my forum and feeling attached but need to move on

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
I don't know if there would be enough money that someone could offer for all the time I have invested into my forum over the past nearly three years. So much of my life went into that forum. At this point, even a few thousand would not recoup the time investment. I don't know where to start on finding a valuation for a forum, whether or not to compare it to another site. I think I would have better luck just hanging onto my forum and revamping it, changing the focus or subject matter and maybe selling one of my blogs that I'm less emotionally attached to. What would you do in a similar situation?

Advertisement Placeholder
I suggest you to don't sell the forum because it is precious thing for you and giving you more benefit.

What kind of forum is it? Revamping might work if your existing members are open to it :)

Selling and buying forums are not always easy. Sometimes communities are not always open to the idea of a new owner taking charge.

To get back more on main topic though, personal value clouds your judgement on how much a forum may be worth and that alone sometimes will make buyers not be interested.

I think if you are still interested in maintaining it then revamping it might be the best way to go. Sadly, I have never really been in your shoes as most things I buy I consider them investments. The only two sites I don't consider that is this site, WebGuruBB and my new Off Topic forum.

You may want to investigate on the buyer to make sure your community will be managed by a reputable person if you need to sell the website. And, you can start balance revenue to start detaching yourself from the website by having less and less activities on it till you change your habits.

If you know you need to move on, you might as well sell it. Revamping it could work but it could also be a complete waste of even more time. Take the past as a learning experience.

If you want to sell your forum try boosting your forum's activity first before selling it. From my experience people are more interested in buying an active forum than a forum that is dead but has had a lot of activity in the past.

If you are emotionally attached to something, perhaps try not to sell it. But if you are wasting too much time on it and are getting nothing, perhaps it is better to sell it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds