Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Wanna be banned?

Advertisement Placeholder
They do exist and I've experienced it more than once in a forum that I didn't own. Usually these are new id's created by any one / a group of active members, masking their IP with proxies, posting around the forum against the targeted members, abusing them, threatening them via PM etc.

EDIT:
Oh the main part, I just used my ban hammer and they disappeared temporarily. When they returned, My ban hammer blocked their IP's xD

I've had people on forums I don't own act like trolls only to get banned. They purposely do it for the most part

Had a group of them attack a forum before, was pretty crazy when I had to lock the forum to catch up with all the spam. :S

A lot of them do it on TheTechGame, it's quite funny and we all just reply to their thread abusing them.. the usual stance is that they get banned and the threads they have created are deleted.

I've experienced it many times. Usually it's the same people using a IP hider.

Well I banned the account and added reason:

You can return when you learn to behave.

And he returned still spamming/abusing/looking to be banned.

So I IP banned him permanently.

This is not something i have come across personally, i think in that situation i would realise they want as much attention as possible, to some people the need for fame is greater than anything else in live, My reaction would be to ignore the members concerned and to simply ban the IP in my cpanel, no fuss, no warning and no exposure.

Take away the drama and you will find they wont come back because they aren't getting the attention they crave

I see this on quite a few sites and it is very annoying and shows how immature members are.

They aren't members - only kids trying to kill their time ;)
Respect them and do it, they have nothing else to do in their lives :)

Sounds like something Haze would do XD I've only seen this once on an old account, but I don't see the point in it at all.

I used to do it when I was a bit more immature. :p Was something to pass the time. I still do the occasional troll with my IRL friend online when the occasion takes my fancy. XD

I have never encountered any members who are wanting to be banned, i've had members who i've banned from their actions that seem quite stupid and as if they wish to be banned, but other than that nope.

I've requested for my account on several communities that were sold and/or merged with an entirely different forum, sadly most of the times my requests were ignored. I myself have encountered people who wanted their account to be banned on one of my forums several times and I've granted their requests.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds