Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Very basic question on selling knives

margamer

Credits
I am new to knife making and I have only been at it for about a year. I think I am ready to start selling my knives. I am only trying to make back material costs. I posted a few of my pieces here on knife does. My problem is where do I sell them and how? I have given a few to family and friends as gifts and one in this summer's KITH. I thought that getting knives out there for free is the best way to let people know I am doing this. Free knives have worked out fine. I haven't been turned down yet for a freebie. Now I need to start making a few bucks to at least break even. I just don't know how to sell them. At this point, Knife shows are out of the question since I have never heard of one in my area (Fresno ca) and I don't have the extra time and money to spend getting to a show in a different state. I thought about posting knives for sale on this forum but why would someone buy something that they make? I should also say that I don't hunt (I have never even shot a gun!) or do much of anything that would actually require a knife but I love making them. If anyone has an idea of how to get my knives into good hands please let me know. Just to extinguish possible posts I have a Facebook page that has a few people that like my knives but no potential buyers. thanks, guys for any help.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would try Etsy for a start, especially if your knives are artistic and fancy looking.

You can also auction them on eBay or sell them on Amazon. I would also look for specialty knife retailers in your area and online - for example, Kult of Athena sells swords and daggers, if your knives are more that direction. Long-term, maybe try to get into kitchen retailers or a job with a company that makes knives for retail. The possibilities are endless.

Well, most of the shopkeepers in here sell kitchen equipment and utensils. They tend to sell a large collection of utensils and knives are a part of that. I have never seen someone specifically selling knives in here. You can market your business and promote such kind of products to restaurants. There are a few knives manufacturers who tend to manufacture knives and this is a bit different story.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds