Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

vBulletin uses AI?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would say that they essentially need to jump on the AI wagon as they have fallen so far off the rails that simply revamping their software and support will not save them. Although I have no idea what they have planned with the AI or if it is just nonsense.
I'd love to know what AI does for VB lol.

Are any other traditional forum platforms using AI at all?

I'd think Invision would be the first to actually do it.

I've seen some Xenforo plugins for AI responses. Kind of a novelty, but still very interesting in terms of the future possibilities.

IPS already does some integration with third party machine learning like identifying NSFW content.

I've seen some Xenforo plugins for AI responses. Kind of a novelty, but still very interesting in terms of the future possibilities.

IPS already does some integration with third party machine learning like identifying NSFW content.
I wonder if XF has any AI-integrated addons. Personally, I'd love to see what it could do with communities and these traditional forum platforms. It could be a race to see what paid platform can win with AI features. You provide the right feature, and the consumer base will flock to you.

I wonder if XF has any AI-integrated addons. Personally, I'd love to see what it could do with communities and these traditional forum platforms. It could be a race to see what paid platform can win with AI features. You provide the right feature, and the consumer base will flock to you.
I certainly see a race happening, but I feel like the winner will be expensive and the services will be aimed at very big boards and support forums.

I certainly see a race happening, but I feel like the winner will be expensive and the services will be aimed at very big boards and support forums.
But will that be a wise choice?

I mean how many big boards are support boards are there versus how many other communities are using that software?

Cut the little guys out and you cut a big chunk of the money out and cater to a crowd that I doubt is that big anymore.

But will that be a wise choice?

I mean how many big boards are support boards are there versus how many other communities are using that software?

Cut the little guys out and you cut a big chunk of the money out and cater to a crowd that I doubt is that big anymore.
Sadly this is one of the many metrics we will likely never know and due to AI and advanced analytics, it seems more often that user groups get left out as products dedicate towards what the system tells them to make money. With nearly all the forum software providers pushing towards expansive cloud hosting and free forum software struggling, I feel the metrics are not in line with the small community owners.

Sadly this is one of the many metrics we will likely never know and due to AI and advanced analytics, it seems more often that user groups get left out as products dedicate towards what the system tells them to make money. With nearly all the forum software providers pushing towards expansive cloud hosting and free forum software struggling, I feel the metrics are not in line with the small community owners.
I think you're right about that.

I don't think I can support platforms that push for that. More power to them but I'm going to keep self-hosting damn it, it's my right LOL

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds