Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

User Interface

Sylar

Addicted member
Credits
So, probably the biggest turn on/off about a forum is the user interface. This is the reply boxes, profile functions, moderating and administrating functions, etc.; basically everything the user uses to interact with the forum. Now, a UI should be smooth and well-built in my opinion, however on most forum software(phpbb, mybb) there's a lot of page refreshing and other wise non-smooth events involved with the UI. Maybe I'm just a tad spoiled because I'm used to the XF UI, but I find myself wishing other forum software would do some of what xf does. I tell you what, I save so much time because XF is very efficient in how it handles requests on the server and whatnot.

What's your opinion on this? Do you like your forum's UI?

Advertisement Placeholder
I love the UI of XF, it is indeed what other forum softwares should strive to improve on some levels. UI is a very important thing to consider though, if you have to complete many actions to do one thing or you get confused, the user really isn't going to like what they are on are they?

XF has spoiled all of us, I don't care for going to any other type of forum at all. The UI on other forums are just lacking when it comes to XF.

So yeah, the UI is very important and not confusing, otherwise it will turn off some users. In essence, we are all forum racist when it isn't XF now. :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds