Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Usb's

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
How many usb's do you have? DO you find them at all useful? Cause I'm 16 and at school I find them pretty useful (although not so much nowadays because email attachment limits are a lot greater)- I have 5 (1 2gb and the rest 4gb). I have a few **Stolen** ones though.... People leave there usbs in the library so my librarian friend just gave me a couple since they hadn't been picked up :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I have one USB and a 1TB Portable HD. I have had a lot of USB's over the years, either have them lost or stolen.

I have one USB and a 1TB Portable HD. I have had a lot of USB's over the years, either have them lost or stolen.

Mine have never been stolen luckily :)

But I've lost over the past 4 years at school:

- An expensive umbrella.
- A scholars tie.
- My PE gear + Nike Shoes.

+Other stuff I suppose...

I have 8 at the moment of varying sizes. Working in IT I use them all the time.

They're called Thumb Drives... *cynical mode engaged*

Anyway, I just have a small 1GB that's really tiny, almost no use for it though, due to Dropbox and other sites.
Albeit, my Downloads folder is 12GB in a month... (100,000+ files).

They're called Thumb Drives... *cynical mode engaged*

Anyway, I just have a small 1GB that's really tiny, almost no use for it though, due to Dropbox and other sites.
Albeit, my Downloads folder is 12GB in a month... (100,000+ files).

Thumb drives? Really? :confused: Nah just kidding but we from New Zealand call them USB's :) And you have a huge downloads folder :p

Thumb drives? Really? :confused: Nah just kidding but we from New Zealand call them USB's :) And you have a huge downloads folder :p
Here we have: USB Cables, USB HDD's, USB Thumb Drives, USB Headphones, USB Webcams...
Hopefully, you see why we call nothing "USB's".

Here we have: USB Cables, USB HDD's, USB Thumb Drives, USB Headphones, USB Webcams...
Hopefully, you see why we call nothing "USB's".
We call them like this:
usb cables - data cable (if its micro usb, or mini usb we callthen micro or mini cables)
USB HDD - harddisk, as we almost never ask someone to bring their harddisks from inside the computer.
thumb drives - usb stick/usb drive/simply usb
usb headphones - we never use that acually
usb webcams - rarely use them nowadays.

I call them 'annoying little things which I always lose' probably due to how clumsy I am with stuff though. I have several 1Gb ones though and I label them with what they have on them. I have 5 sitting on the shelf infront of me right now all with different things on them. I have had bigger than 1GB sticks before but I lost them and I got these ones for free so I am not going to turn down free stuff now am I?

I got many of them: 10 or more. But I'm more partial to the Kingston one I got and use presently.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds