Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Upwork

D

Deleted member 403

Who has used Upwork before, whether as a buyer or a seller, let us know in the comments below. I was a bit sceptical at first but I used Upwork for one specific business deal for https://bizdustry.com/ and got paid in less than a week! I don't much like the fees but that's a no brainer for any platform like this. b

Advertisement Placeholder
I have read many good reviews of Upwork so I tried to register. Unfortunately the remark that I got after filling up the registration form is that my skills are not in demand for the moment so that means I would not be getting work assignments. Until now I am still hesitating to upgrade my skills list because I feel that I don't fit their needs.

I am not active on upwork these days, however, in the past, I have worked on upwork as an employer as well as freelancer. I really like upwork. I would have continued working on upwork but I started working on my own websites and I did not have time to work there. The only problem I have is competition is very tough.

I am not active on upwork these days, however, in the past, I have worked on upwork as an employer as well as freelancer. I really like upwork. I would have continued working on upwork but I started working on my own websites and I did not have time to work there. The only problem I have is competition is very tough.
You can cherish from your websites to bring affiliate to upwork it sounds a good idea to profit from traffic to earn some referrals at upwork

I don't think upwork has a referral program. n fact upwork is so selective these days that it rejects a lot of new freelancers.

I don't think upwork has a referral program. n fact upwork is so selective these days that it rejects a lot of new freelancers.
That is true about current upwork preference with freelancers. They are finding it hard to accept new freelancers, always rejecting. That doesn't worth it if you ask me. They should give room to new freelancers and access what they got to offer.

The problem that upwork has capacity of receiving freelancers so for this reason he is rejecting new freelancers as old freelancers are suffissant to process employeer work so it is better to switch to alternatives like freelancer or fiverr instead of being limited to upwork acceptance.

As Upwork is the marketplace where you will find biggest database of freelancers, so naturally you'll find a lot of competition there. The reality of freelance world is that, the competition is fearsome and only some freelancers make it.

I have noticed that they are not accepting freelancers with general skills. Maybe that is in the benefit of the community, however, this policy is closing doors for many freelancers like me.

They do not want to make the existing freelancers suffer because of new freelancers, therefore, they are not accepting new members having general skills.

I have once registered on upwork as a freelancer. However, I was unable to get one single gig on my portfolio, so out of frustration I finally decided to let the account just stay on it's own since it's not really useful to me again

I have heard about upwork from the same person that referred me to bizdustry here but I am learning to keep my feet in the ground first before exploring other options.

I used Upwork and earned my first money online the next day (about $5 - though I couldn't withdraw it. Lols). Their marketplace is great and I like the fact that contracts are being bidded for. Though you have to upgrade to get more connects to use

I have once registered on upwork as a freelancer. However, I was unable to get one single gig on my portfolio, so out of frustration I finally decided to let the account just stay on it's own since it's not really useful to me again
Welcome to the club boss. I did all I could to secure just a gig. Sometimes I wonder if my proposals were really sent to these clients. I got tired of them too and abandoned them.

These days getting approved in upwork us really hard. They want the best freelancer to join their platform. If you are considering to join upwork, consider enhancing your skills first.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds