Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Toxicity online

Advertisement Placeholder
Mainstream media and to a specific extent newer social media ramp up this 'us and them' mentality. Combine this with a willingness to be defined by things to the point where insulting a thing you like becomes insulting your identity and you have a recipe for disaster :(

There is generally some form of toxicity wherever you go in life, it's just easier to spot on the internet due to so much going viral and viewable to many people. People can be anonymous and post how they truly feel about things which can lead to differing views sometimes people clash and in turn, it can turn into a toxic environment. You can generally get away with more on the internet than you can in the real world.

I try to keep toxic behavior out of my forums as much as I can but I feel that no matter where you go you will get some kind of toxicity somewhere, it all depends on how it is dealt with. I feel that social media is probably one of the worst places you will find toxicity, to be honest, Twitter and TikTok are two that spring to mind on how bad it can be.

Why is the internet so toxic? I've seen so much drama and hate online. Does this happen on your forums?
It's flowing all over on Twitter. It's the worst place that you can be online. If you don't have a strong skin and stomach, it's going to be very difficult for you not to lose your sanity using Twitter.
I think toxicity is a lot less on forums then it is on social media platforms.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds