Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Too much ads on the website can demolish the entire SEO of website

Farhan Aslam

Loyal member
Credits
Everyone builds a website to make money. This requires monetization of the website After monetization, if more and more ads start appearing on the website, there is a risk of less traffic. Because not everyone sees the ad and when the website opens, if the ad starts coming then people will close without reading the conten. Therefore, it is better not to reduce the cafe on your website by giving priority to money, but only the necessary ads should come to the website.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is somehow true , however I think the excess ads affect major the site users and not the site visitors. However , it is not good for a site to have much ads , as people are not comfortable with ads .

If most of your traffic comes from search engines, you will continue to get traffic to your website despite excessive advertising. However, if your web pages are filled with ads, visitors do not stay longer and do not interact with the content, thus, you will have high bounce rate. Too much ads does not mean you will earn a lot of money.

You are absolutely correct, any thing done our of moderation can render the whole process useless. Too much of add on a website just to monetize it can be annoying to the readers and cause them not check back on your site, this can reduce your traffic drastically.

You're right, too many ads aren't good for any website, because people don't like the ads, and the info they need is often interrupted by the ads.Ads must be to a degree that does not interfere with the user Otherwise users are reluctant to come to the website

it will not affect the SEO of the website, but it will kick your regular users out, as the spam of the ads will surely annoy them and they will make sure to avoid your website the next time they try to search for something and will look for a better alternatives

Very true, too much ads can undermine the performance of a website SEO in search engine. I got to know about this when a friend apply for Ezoic display ads. When the ads start to run on his website, the loading speed of the pages decrease drastically, and this case the website to lose rank for some keywords.

This is so true. Too much sponsored ads on a website or blog drives away visitors and regular users. This is a turn off for me. Also this affect the websites SEO. Search engines reduces the positions of websites whose ads are too much

Well if the website is riddled with ads then this will discourage visitors in the site and reduce traffic drastically, however you can leave room for a few ads , and better still if the contents of the website is amazing traffic will remain the same.

It depends on the kind of ads and also on the type of website. For example a blog has too many ads then more likely the new readers would be annoyed or even turned off that they will never come back. One drawback of too many ads on a website is the slower display of the entire web page particularly if the ad has an image. But now I understand that we have to live with the ads because even the major newspapers are now overflowing with ads.

You are definitely right most ads are annoying, and in my life have never consider clicking on ads like that. If ad is much on a website it discourages viewers, and that's alone can reduce traffic on the site

Yep you are right. Every website, video, and every link leads to plenty of ads. Which irritates alot. 1 2 ads in 30 40 minutes are reasonable but having ads in bundles make trouble and tasteless.
BTW this forum has not this type of issue.
Keep calm and cool 🤠

Everyone builds a website to make money. This requires monetization of the website After monetization, if more and more ads start appearing on the website, there is a risk of less traffic. Because not everyone sees the ad and when the website opens, if the ad starts coming then people will close without reading the conten. Therefore, it is better not to reduce the cafe on your website by giving priority to money, but only the necessary ads should come to the website.
Yeah in my opinion it doesn't really make sense when I go on a website and all I see are ads, I get pisses and I could deside to close the website therefore making me miss out on the content. I feel it should be regulated, maybe the ad agencies should allow only a limited adverts on a website.

Concerning too much adverts on a site. Well, am not a fan of too much adverts because it makes the sites look tiring and frustrating while it generates money for the owners. It is good to display adverts but not on every pages of the sites.

Yeah in my opinion it doesn't really make sense when I go on a website and all I see are ads, I get pisses and I could deside to close the website therefore making me miss out on the content. I feel it should be regulated, maybe the ad agencies should allow only a limited adverts on a website.
According to a study by Infront Webworks, the first page of Google receives 95 percent of web traffic, with subsequent pages receiving 5 percent or less of total traffic.

I’ve talked to a lot of business
According to a study by Infront Webworks, the first page of Google receives 95 percent of web traffic, with subsequent pages receiving 5 percent or less of total traffic.
I’ve talked to a lot of business owners and managers – newbies and veterans – who have gone crazy trying to unlock the secrets of how to improve Google ranking and performance without incurring penalties.
owners and managers – newbies and veterans – who have gone crazy trying to unlock the secrets of how to improve Google ranking and performance without incurring penalties.
[automerge]1610646110[/automerge]

I’ve talked to a lot of business
I’ve talked to a lot of business owners and managers – newbies and veterans – who have gone crazy trying to unlock the secrets of how to improve Google ranking and performance without incurring penalties.
owners and managers – newbies and veterans – who have gone crazy trying to unlock the secrets of how to improve Google ranking and performance without incurring penalties.

Reliablesoft Logo

10 Bad SEO Practices That Will Destroy Your Google Rankings​

Alex Chris
ALEX CHRIS
post-comments-blue.png
29 COMMENTS
bad seo

Bad SEO is not something new or something uncommon and yes it can really destroy your Google rankings. In this article I will explain what bad SEO is and what I consider to be the top 10 practices that can negatively impact your rankings.

What is bad SEO?​

Practices that are unethical, outdated or are outside the boundaries of Google webmaster guidelines are considered as BAD, thus the term ‘bad SEO’. While SEO is about optimizing your website for search engines, bad SEO can generate the opposite results.
So, which are these techniques that can hurt your rankings and most importantly what you should do to avoid them.

#1 Duplicate Content​

Last week I wrote a post about writing SEO friendly content and the first tip was to make sure that your content is unique and original. In the case of bad SEO, you need to avoid publishing duplicate content on your website.
Non-unique content is not good for SEO. The main reason is that if search engines already have the same content in their index, there is absolutely no reason to index your web page since it has nothing new to offer.
If you need to have some duplicate content on your website because it is useful for your readers or because of the nature of your business, you should “no index and no follow” those pages so that they do not have a negative impact on your SEO.

#2 Keyword Stuffing​

Repeating the same keywords over and over again not because they are useful in the text but because you are supposed to optimize your copy, is a very bad SEO practice.
SEO Training
Not only it will discourage your visitors from interacting or reading the content but it is also a signal for search engines that you are trying to manipulate (trick) their algorithms.
Mentioning your keywords in the title, description, opening paragraph and a couple of more times naturally in the text is enough.

#3 Guest posting for links​

Last year a lot of people insisted that a secure way to get back links to your website was through guest posting. While guest posting can be a great way to do that, if done cheaply and wrongly, can damage your rankings.
You can get post on high quality websites related to your niche not for the purpose of a getting a link but for more exposure and recognition.
Read this article I wrote last year on guest post for links for a more in-depth analysis on what is a good link from guest posting.

#4 Accepting low quality guest posts​

You can feature new writers on your website and publish content written by others provided that it is original, relevant and useful for your audience. If the above rules are not met, then it’s better not to publish anything at all.
Publishing new content on a regular basis is a good SEO practice but it is also important to keep a balance between content produced from the website and content offered to the website in exchange for a link in the author bio.

#5 Cloaking / Invisible Text​

Cloaking (hiding the real destination of a link) and showing different versions of a page to crawlers and users was a common practice in the past but not anymore. Using such techniques now is actually a very bad practice.
You should only keep one version of a page for both search engine crawlers and users and ensure that users can differentiate between website content and ads.

I have been waiting for someone to mention this, I feel so frustrated whenever I enter some websites and I see lots of ads, these ads makes navigation difficult and makes the site loading very slow, whenever I enter beermoneyforum, I need to close the floating ads before I can proceed and got discouraged as well.

Everything we do in life should be done in a moderate manner, having ads in your website so as to make money out of it is very good, but having too many ads it's not good for business, and will reduce the traffic to your website. So it's always important to know when to stop adding more ads to your website to avoid chasing away your subscribers.

Generally speaking, having too many ads have nothing to do with SEO. However, it is true that too many ads are not good for your website. It can increase your bounve rate, your advertisers might penalize you, and you might lose traffic.

Generally speaking, having too many ads have nothing to do with SEO. However, it is true that too many ads are not good for your website. It can increase your bounve rate, your advertisers might penalize you, and you might lose traffic.
Thanks for shedding light on this topic. I don't use ad blocker, but if the site I am visiting has too many ads I will leave it immediately. I believe many people will find themselves in my shoes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds