Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Today's artists vs Before

Website
offtopix.com
Credits
Do you think today’s artists are as good as those from hundreds of years ago?

Why or why not?

Art Dog GIF

Advertisement Placeholder
Some.

I mean, I see art as more than just a painting. I see artists in video, storytelling, and traditional means like painting.

I think many are just as good at it today as the paintings that started it all.

I think art just needs to have some kind of meaning rather than a quick way to earn a dollar.

It's why I can't fully accept the NFT idea. It seems like art is being created for the sole purpose of making money. It should instead be created for a SOUL purpose.

I don't think that today's artists have the same skill level that the Old Masters had. It takes years of training to have the ability to create what they did with paints, brushes and canvases and today's artists use other mediums, so they aren't comparable.

What I'm seeing with today's type of artists is that they aren't as particular about the fundamentals of art, and that's because they weren't trained to concentrate on those areas.

I'd say yes and no at the same time. Yes, today is full of artists that do truly amazing things and I'd confidently say that they would also have been successful in the old days. However, it does have to be mentioned that today's artists (like most other things) are gifted with high quality tools, vast amounts of idea, and often computer assistance that the artists of old completely lacked.

I don't think that today's artists have the same skill level that the Old Masters had.
Show me any current artist that had the skill level of Freddie Mercury!
Fantastic vocal control and no need for auto-tune. What a lot of people don't realize is that a lot of the music they listen to via CD/streaming has been massaged. You can really see this in live concert scenarios.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds