Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

General Thread and Message Count

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.
Credits
threadsandmessage.png
Does thread and message count ever matter to you when you browse a community? If there are two few threads, will you consider participating? If there are many threads but in your opinion posts does it make you form an opinion?

Should communities begin hiding these stats? Are these stats helpful?

Advertisement Placeholder
If the overall forum doesn't have much to participate in then I will probably find a community that does, so it does matter to an extent. Of course, if it's a new community and I think it has potential, then I may give it a shot. But most of the time, I'm looking for actively posting staff and members where there is enough content to participate in.

That thread and message count in your screen capture doesn't have any impression on me.

What I don't like to see is a ton of forums/subforums with 0 content, or hundreds of topics with no replies. I think it's better to start with just a few forums, and then add more forums and move posts as the community grows.

That thread and message count in your screen capture doesn't have any impression on me.

What I don't like to see is a ton of forums/subforums with 0 content, or hundreds of topics with no replies. I think it's better to start with just a few forums, and then add more forums and move posts as the community grows.
Ah yes! I can’t stand when there are LOTS of sub forums and all barely with 0-3 posts or topics. I agree starting with less and adding them as you grow at least appeals to me.

If I find content on the site that helps me learn or grow, then it doesn't matter if there are only 100 threads or 1,000 threads. If there isn't new content the next time I come around, I might not visit very often.

So, to answer, seeing those numbers doesn't have that huge of an effect because I know that there are new forums that are instantly spammed with the same old same old people and topics. I want good content and good discussions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds