Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

This might sound dumb

Gio

Recognized member
Credits
But I will tell you that every time I go on a forum that uses IPB, especially the older versions, it makes me sad. It makes me look back on the times of when InvisionFree and ZetaBoards was a thing, and it's sad because of how both of those went down.

Advertisement Placeholder
But I will tell you that every time I go on a forum that uses IPB, especially the older versions, it makes me sad. It makes me look back on the times of when InvisionFree and ZetaBoards was a thing, and it's sad because of how both of those went down.
Well, it’s not dumb, I have the same thing. It’s because it was a huge part of our lives. Jamie has been rebuilding ZetaBoards: https://support.forumspark.net/

While it may never be the same, because of the people — it may still have lots of potential .

For me... I've never hosted any site on "free boards". I've always either ran an open source script (myBBS, phpBB, SMF, eetc) or an actual paid script.
I did run (many, many moons ago) BBS software (full bore FidoNet enabled)... but honestly.. there are actually probably very few that remember those days.
Ironically.. after leaving the DFW area, someone else decided to "take up" my BBS site name. Even back then people wanted to "steal stuff" for a popular site (whcih mine was at the time).
How successful he was? I don't know as at the time I really didn't care. 🤣

Last edited:
Not dumb at all, nearly everyone that used Zathyus Networks for a brief period of time misses it dearly. We were kind of pushed off into Tapatalk without much warning and a lot of people really don't like Tapatalk that much. I went with Jcink for the familiar aspects of Zathyus Networks that came along with it and to help those less fortunate that don't have the money to pay for forum software, like myself.

I sure do hope Jamie's forum software turns out to be a success because it is very similar to ZetaBoards in terms of style and layout and Jamie has been working on it consistently since the project was revealed. It'll be much more up-to-date than ZetaBoards was, so it's considerably like a ZetaBoards 2.0.

It's not dumb at all, Zetaboards was an amazing free forum host and many of us miss it. The move to Tapatalk was a big change that took away some features that Zetaboards had. I am happy to see that Jamie is reviving Zetaboards with his own platform, and making it up to date which is something Brandon couldn't and wasn't willing to do with Zetaboards and that's why he sold it to Tapatalk.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds