Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Theme Parks

Advertisement Placeholder
We used to have a theme park not too far away from where I lived and as a kid and also a teenager I used to go multiple times a year during the spring and summer and it was loads of fun. You would pay one price and be able to stay all day and could ride each ride as many times as you wanted. It was sad when it closed as that was the closest one to us and we really enjoyed it.

I always enjoyed going on the white knuckle rides such as the boomerang and any rides that were fast and went upside down. Loved the adrenaline rush I would get.

Have you been to one? Do you enjoy them? I've mainly been to Six Flags and Disney World, both were enjoyable, but I got a bigger thrill out of them when I was a kid rather than an adult.
Honestly... as far as I'm concerned, they are GREAT when you have kids that can enjoy them. My personal pursuits are more towards state parks and remote sites that allow me to commune with nature... whether it's sitting outside watching the clouds go by while sipping on a nice glass of bourbon, sitting by the river with a line in the water waiting to catch something (no bourbon here as I don't want a free bath) or out at night with the telescopes capturing dark skies.
We had our children, we raised them and worked to give them a great life with entertainment at many of those amusement parks for their enjoyment and remembrances and learning experiences. Some of those outings were tied in with taking the RV to stay in. In fact, our son commented recently some of his fondest remembrances of his youth were these outings. He's shown interest (even though he is single) in using our RV to go on some outings to ride his trail bike.
At this stage in my life, the "amusement park" life doesn't really hold interest for me.

I used to love them and occasionally still do them but nowadays I want to go there when the weather's not that great because that means little to no visitors. Crowded places is something that I avoid nowadays.

When I read the title, I envisioned a place lined with Monitors so that all the new "themes" for every known open source app could be displayed in a single place..... My expectations were slightly off.... Buhahahah (Developer humor, gotta love it)

I used to go to Great America with school groups when I was a teenager and loved it, except that we would stand in line for 2 hours to ride one ride. By the end of the day, we'd only have gone on like 4 or 5 rides. I don't punish myself like that anymore!

I've been to Disney World and it was fun when my daughter was younger, but as an adult, it was just okay.

or sitting inside, sipping on a nice glass of bourbon.... Seems, if the bourbon is good enough, location no longer matters!!!
It's hard to beat a nice quite night sitting by a campfire while at a state park in the RV though.

177919524_10159246830578987_1320958550972452763_n.jpg

Not a fan! I really have to psych myself up to go on rollercoasters, and if the queue is long then I won't go on it as it'll give me enough time to talk myself out of it.
Oddly enough though, I love going to water parks when I'm on holiday. Rollercoaster with 100ft drop? Nah. Water slide with 100ft drop? Hell yeah. 🫢

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds