Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The difference between e-commerce and regular commerce?

Ecommerce is the the business that is done on the internet. There is no much difference between ecommerce and commerce, these days even regular businesses are being operated electronically.

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually, the internet has been a great help to businesses today as we can see people work online and earn money while at home. An advert can go viral within seconds using the internet. But I am wondering too if all products and services can be showcased online. And I don't think e-commerce has replaced the regular commerce as there are people that don't even know what internet is, then the regular commerce is for such people. Just my take.

E commerce is done online by trading products by getting buyers online to buy your products, while the regular commerce is termed 'traditional commerce' but it's more rampant and mostly accepted though most involved in the regular are as well involved in e commerce.

E- commerce as we know has to do with using the electronic means to transact business. Even though both e-commerce and the regular business are about buying and selling, there are some differences between them. The following are some differences that I see:
I. E-commerce can cover a wider target market, but regular business may cover only the immediate environment of the business.
II. E-commerce enhances advertising, whereas regular business may not get advert done easily.

We all know that e- commerce is online marketing where you can buy and sell, but I don't think that e- commerce can replace regular e- commerce in any way.

To my basic knowledge, E-Commerce is a form of online shopping where users can buy goods and services from their electronic devices such as a laptop, mobile, tablet. WHILE Regular Commerce is a traditional approach to buy goods and services in person which involves face to face dealing.

The online or electronic commerce will not replace the traditional or regular commerce, a company who wishes to grow bigger and make much more sales is advised to venture into both. Not everyone is comfortable shopping online, some love to shop traditionally due to safety, to enable them view products physically before purchase, in essence both systems will have to complement each other to enhance business growth

The difference is in the name, electronic commerce versus ordinary commerce. Though I feel that e-commerce is somewhat of a more all encompassing commerce that increases reach, audience and prospective buyers.

E-commerce is done online while regular commerce is done aside online. The world is now moving towards digitalizing everything. So there is tendency that every product is sold online. Though the pandemic has helped in making e-commerce popular, civilization is other factor that will aid it.

E-commerce is faster as you are going to operate your business online. Regular commerce is restricted to a particular area. But if you are running e-commerce the whole world is your playing field and you can acquire customer from any place in the world.

In our time, and due to the epidemic, it has become difficult to do a commercial activity directly, so electronic commerce and Internet marketing have become a haven for many merchants to market their products and goods.
So do you think that e-commerce can successfully replace direct trade, or are there some products that cannot be marketed via the Internet?
I cannot think of any product that cannot be marketed via the internet. I do not think ecommerce will completely replace direct trade. Marketing our products electronically has even helped to boost direct trade. People do not have to rent outlets and shop spaces anymore.

These, everything can be marketed on the internet but i don't think e commerce will replace normal commerce. Some people don't even like buying and selling online, they prefer doing it face to face.

The advantages that the e-commerce had over the regular commerce is very enormous. The e-commerce thrive during the pandemic because it is operational online

Almost every product can be marketed online. I have seen a lot of people who mainly market their offline businesses on the internet and probably they make a lot of money from it. the social media platforms and the internet generally has improved e-commerce drastically.

E-commerce is a kind of buying and selling that is completely done online and you do not need to meet with the person physically in order to exchange money or for him to see the product.

For a part of business, that focuses on the exchange of products and services, and includes all those activities which encourage exchange, in some way or the other, is called traditional commerce. e-Commerce is just carrying out commercial transactions or exchange of information and ideas, electronically on the internet.

Regular commerce is the old way of doing business in which you will have to meet with somebody physically before you can be able to interact and do transactions.

Yes and no. Most items can be easily bought online with minimal shipping fees. Many cases, free shipping is offered. You will have to pay a monthly fee for fresh produce however as those are specialty deliveries.

You are going to need to meet with a customer face-to-face before completing a transaction in the old normal commerce Way. You can be able to meet on the internet and exchange using e-commerce platforms.

Ecommers are carried out and conducted via online stores like Alibaba, Shopify and rest while regular commerce are conducted in our daily usual markets where we go to buy things from
One of the hings that have made lots of busineses to leverage on the huge market without stepping out of their homes and offices,is the advent of e-commerce,it has really make the targeting and mode of reaching out to customers easy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds