Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Tapatalk or Mobile theme?

Advertisement Placeholder
Previously I would go with a mobile theme, as it did not require anyone to install an extra app, and of course you had to pay for Tapatalk. However, now that the app is free I think I would probably just install Tapatalk, as it is easier for me and for my users.

What does your forum use: Tapatalk or a Mobile theme and Why?
Neither :p Why use a third party app, or have to install a whole new theme? I would prefer the current theme to be responsive.

Taptalk, its just way better and most of the people have it.
I can't stand tapatalk. Nor would I force users to have to download a third party app in order to access the forums either.

Neither :p Why use a third party app, or have to install a whole new theme? I would prefer the current theme to be responsive.

I can't stand tapatalk. Nor would I force users to have to download a third party app in order to access the forums either.

Same here, I dislike the idea of having third-party services because you lose control over your site if they make changes to their service policies or one fine day shut down.

Besides if Tapatalk doesn't work for your users, you will have to spend additional time and effort to resolve their problems with an app that you didn't develop nor control

On the other hand, a responsive theme is always the best and safe option to allow your community gain access to the forum regardless the type of device they are using to connect ;)

I'm using tapatalk to my forum and I guess its quite good. The software I use is mybb and I think its designed to be responsive though, it sure work to any device but I just wanna make sure that it will work so I still use tapatalk.

I don't feel that many people own Tapatalk because it is a paid application. I prefer buying a mobile theme because you are able to do more things. Personally, I have bought Tapatalk, but I don't really use it because it's not very convenient. But I hate visiting a website which doesn't have a "good" theme for cell phones or portable devices. My work contains browsing many communities and it is too difficult to navigate and to edit serious things. Imagine if I do a mistake because of the theme! :(

I think having a responsive theme is a an advantage but between these two, the theme for mobile is far better than tapatalk, (reason) a third party software.

Mobile theme is too better for use but mostly Tapatalk are using in the world because it is more reliable. I am also start tapatalk to use. Before it, I was using Mobile theme.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds