Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Taking a job for the wage

As a Nigerian as long as the pay is good and high the job perception really doesn't matter because we are so use to suffering and smiling.

Advertisement Placeholder
For me to choose a job that I am not comfortable in means that the pain is going to be very high and also I will not plan on staying with that job for a long time.

I think that's how it is in most countries my friend. Rather than looking for something you like, it's best you stick with a high paying job because they are really hard to come by.

No job is worth my health o,despite the fact that i love money, when there is life there is hope for greater things, one will think I'm the lazy type here, but trust me when one door closes another opens..

Well I would as far as it is what I can do and the salary is indeed high.if the working environment is conducive too.However the job should not be too stressful because if it is, I will opt out

Of course. I think over 50% of working individuals are doing so because of the wage. There is a part of passion quite alright but on the long run the wage is importanter
The 50% of working individuals that you are talking about is actually wrong I can tell you that hundred percent or people that are working and working for the wages not because they love working so this should tell us that the wire the money the more people would work.

I'm sorry cause your bad experience. In my case it would happen the same, as I'm not so healthy (I never was, but when I was younger, I was able to bear stressful jobs a bit better than I could now). In my culture (not in my new country, but in the northwest of my former country) is very common to take stressful jobs cause the wage, even jobs where the employees suffers from mobbing and bossing. If they won't accept, their families could label them as social parasites, as refusing a stressful job or refusing to bear mobbing and bossing can be considered lazyness.
its so true the pressure from family and friends as well as trying to meet up with their expectations of what you ought to bring to the table is driving alot of people into doing things they dont want to.

As long as money is involve I prefer the high paying job even if the job is not enjoyable,all I am interested in is payment

Well there are some jobs you know you don't like to do but because the pay is good or because you don't have a choice at that time you do and that happens yo alot of people here.

Yes, I think I can take a job just for the wage. Right now, I am in a place where I am so broke yet I am at the age where I have to move out of my parent's home. So any job that pays well can do for me. Then I can use that money to start a business while looking for a job that I enjoy.

As a Nigerian as long as the pay is good and high the job perception really doesn't matter because we are so use to suffering and smiling.
Haha, besides being used to suffering and smiling, it's really hard to get a job so if one can find a good paying job, I do not think they would be willing to let it go no matter how much they hate o dislike the job. The most important thing is that it pays well.

If the pay is handsome, I can proceed to do the job even if it's temporarily irrespective of the level of satisfaction I get from it. Due to the economy and unending inflation, I think job renumeration should be the first thing to consider ahead of job satisfaction.

Yes, due to economic meltdown, I once took a job for wlth a fair good rate but the environment was not conducive for someone's mental health. I hope not to be caught in the middle of such situation.

I think that's how it is in most countries my friend. Rather than looking for something you like, it's best you stick with a high paying job because they are really hard to come by.
That is right. It is so hard to come by a job that pays well these days. You may do what you like but it does not pay you much. So sticking to your high paying job and learning to love it is much better.

In my country you don't do shakara ,if you have an opportunity to have a job with a better employment it is the best thing for you to stick to what will be able to give you some reasonable amount of money because of the higher level of unemployment that is available over here . especially when the government are not willing to help.

My peace of mind is very important to me and I will not use because of a few added extra money and put my sanity on the line all in the name of working for another person or company.

I can only take a odd job when I am in desperate need of money to cater for some bills. I know I will need to do the work for a short period of time. The main motivation is to raise quick cash and quit the job as soon as possible.

Taking a job just for the wage, this is one of the consideration in taking up a job by people. Some take up jobs just for the wage because of their financial situation and endure the unpleasantness that comes with such jobs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds