Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Switching off your phone when you're on leave or vacation?

Credits
Personally, I don't joke with my work leave or vacation because I know that I have worked well enough to deserve and have the time off for my leave or vacation. It's usually why whenever I'm on job vacation, there's nothing that's going to make my phone number connecting or reachable because I will avoid work 100% until my leave is over. I usually get a new SIM card whenever I'm on leave.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally, I don't joke with my work leave or vacation because I know that I have worked well enough to deserve and have the time off for my leave or vacation. It's usually why whenever I'm on job vacation, there's nothing that's going to make my phone number connecting or reachable because I will avoid work 100% until my leave is over. I usually get a new SIM card whenever I'm on leave.

It may not be a good idea to do so. In many places an employee could be called and they may need to cancel their plans and return to work. If they switch off the phones, then they may not be reachable. Nevertheless, I do not think that turning your phone off is a great idea under any kind of circumstances.

If I'm on vacation, work is going to be at the back of my mind, which means I will gladly have my work stuff turned off while others can handle it at home. My vacation time will be for me and any future wife and kids I end up having. Work can wait sometimes.

I haven't been on vacation in a while but being how busy I know I am when I am not on vacation, if I am on vacation I would definitely push my work to the back of my mind and focus on my vacation and take the break I needed.

I would still have my phone for me but if I was contacted by anyone work-related I would more than likely leave it and not answer.

It may not be a good idea to do so. In many places an employee could be called and they may need to cancel their plans and return to work. If they switch off the phones, then they may not be reachable. Nevertheless, I do not think that turning your phone off is a great idea under any kind of circumstances.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no entry is going to make me to come back to work whenever I am called back during the time I am on vacation because I'm not the only one that is working for the company. This means that they have to find someone else to do the job until I am done with my vacation. I am not going to kill myself for the work.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no entry is going to make me to come back to work whenever I am called back during the time I am on vacation because I'm not the only one that is working for the company. This means that they have to find someone else to do the job until I am done with my vacation. I am not going to kill myself for the work.

Well, it depends on the nature of the company and the nature of the job. In many companies, you may be the only person who may be responsible for many things and this is where they usually ask the employees to come back and join once again. So, it depends on circumstances.

I do not switch off my phone when I am on leave or on vacation. These days I work as a freelancer, therefore, I do not switch off my phone when I am on vacation as I do not want to be missed out on any great opportunities. Even when I was working for other people, I did not switch off my phone, if I was called to join the work, I would simply deny the request.

Most of the companies usually look for an alternative or a substitute when a person goes on vacation. many companies may have policies when it comes to going on vacation. They may offer a person to go on a vacation once in a year. In many cases, another person usually handles the job within the company on temporary basis.

I have one line which my office can call whenever they need me. Whenever I'm not working or let's say it's my off day at work, the number will be on flight mode. I won't entertain being called to do anything when I'm not supposed to. Those who are supposed to be at work by the time should do whatever they need me for.

You mean switching off your business line? You should have a line that's strictly for business and also one for the social needs and relationships you have. That's two different life and when you're on a vacation, your social line shouldn't be off.

I don't switch my phones when am on vacation. Something might come up which will really needs my attention, I don't going to offer some little help if am being told before time.

The only thing is that you gonna make my presence worth it. The one who called me for the urgency will definitely understand this last. statement

Most of the companies usually look for an alternative or a substitute when a person goes on vacation. many companies may have policies when it comes to going on vacation. They may offer a person to go on a vacation once in a year. In many cases, another person usually handles the job within the company on temporary basis.

Yeah, that's very correct and it is the right thing to do because whenever someone have worked for months before he or she is ready to take his vacation off, I don't think the company should be in their right senses to call the person back for any reason whatsoever. There should be another person to oversee what's needed until the person is back from vacation.

Yeah, that's very correct and it is the right thing to do because whenever someone have worked for months before he or she is ready to take his vacation off, I don't think the company should be in their right senses to call the person back for any reason whatsoever. There should be another person to oversee what's needed until the person is back from vacation.

I do not think that switching the phone off would be a wise thing to do while you are at vacations. Your company may need to contact you in certain cases. This may not necessarily mean that they are contacting you to get back. There may be many other reasons as well for contacting you.

I do not think that switching the phone off would be a wise thing to do while you are at vacations. Your company may need to contact you in certain cases. This may not necessarily mean that they are contacting you to get back. There may be many other reasons as well for contacting you.

There is a reason why it is called vacation and that means that you need time to stay out of business and rest. There are so many other people that can be able to take care of whatever business needs that comes up which shouldn't be always attended by you.

There is a reason why it is called vacation and that means that you need time to stay out of business and rest. There are so many other people that can be able to take care of whatever business needs that comes up which shouldn't be always attended by you.

I am quite sure that there could be many reasons for why a company could call you or try to contact you. Perhaps thy may need to assistance or help in cases where only you could solve the problem. This is why they may be contacting in you in the first place.

I am quite sure that there could be many reasons for why a company could call you or try to contact you. Perhaps thy may need to assistance or help in cases where only you could solve the problem. This is why they may be contacting in you in the first place.

Personally, I don't care about any reason that the company I'm working for would have when it comes to trying to call me when I am on vacation because I will not make it possible for them to reach me. Whatever they are going to do, let them sort it out in the company until I am back from my vacation.

I think every business owner would like to do that, but if you don't have a big business yet and you can't leave an assistant in your place, you need to be always in touch, even on vacation, if it's not difficult if you want to succeed in that field.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds