Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Swearing

lucky

Credits
On your forum, do you allow your members to swear? If so, is there a limit to what can be said and what cannot be said?

I have always believed that they should be, but they shouldn't use certain words like the "F" word or the "B" word. I just feel like those particular words are too vulgar to be said on a public forum.

Advertisement Placeholder
I usually allow swearing on the forums I run, because I believe that everyone should be able to say whatever they want however they want. However usually excessive swearing and insulting isn't allowed, but other than that they're free to express themselves.

I used to be against swearing on forums completely, but I have grown up a little bit since then, and I allow swearing on my forums now. I still do not allow profanity to be used in personal attacks against other members. That is something that will never be okay in my books.

I allow swearing. People should be mature enough to handle a few English words. As that is all they are.
However, I should have to agree with cmt.
I still do not allow profanity to be used in personal attacks against other members. That is something that will never be okay in my books.

There is still a limit on which I personally would allow. I still want a fun and friendly community on my forums. No direct personally attacks would be allowed. This would include curse words and insults ;)

I allow any member to say whatever the FUCK they want because I don't FUCKING care and people shouldn't care. The only time you should give a shit is when somebody says a swear with ill intent (calling someone a bitch, etc). Obviously, if someone is cursing someone out calling them a bitch, then I'm going to do something.

Fuck, cunt, bitch, ass, all of them are just words. Words of our existence. Words that as a society we have been using for generations. There is nothing vulgar about them unless you make them vulgar. Calling someone a bitch isn't nice, but what's wrong with saying bitch at random or "it hurt like a bitch"? Nothing. It's a word.

Everyone knows curse words and most people use them ... so what's wrong with bringing real life online? Most people say fuck or some other curse word a few times a day and then want to act like they're all professional and "I don't wanna see it. It's not acceptable.". Just stop. If you want to curse, then curse because at the end of the day there's nothing wrong with it unless you are yelling it at someone with ill intent.

I don't mind it but it should not be a constant thing. Like if they are ranting or venting, it is fine. But if they are using the F word in every post, that would be a bit too much for me.

When I had a forum I always censored the swear words to something funny. My members would either laugh at the filter or be like " What :| " . I think it's best to filter swear words cause you never know what 8 year old may be browsing the forum.

Because the forum I currently run is aimed at people from the age of 13+ swearing is something that I tend to try and keep to very little on the forum. We have words that when typed some of the letters are blanked to show only one to two of the letters and the rest not shown. I believe that people should be able to express theirselves but with me having members and visitors that may be of a younger age I have to be careful what is shown.

I do not allow swearing; anyone who swears in my forum may receive a warning from me. Profanity has no place in my forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds