Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🚫 Closed/Paused Storyturner Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDL

Renowned member
Now that we’ve been open nearly a week, I figured it would be a good opportunity to receive feedback. Negative feedback is encouraged so I can improve the community, I’m not after an ego boost but obviously if you like something then also let me know :)

I've been enjoying the community! Here are some thoughts I have!

Appearance wise - Would be cool to have a dark theme, even if it is the current theme turned dark. I like the blue - it's calming. I like the banner with the book included in it. The rest of the banner space appears to not be in use - I'm unsure if it is possible but would be cool to kind of have some kind of advertisement of discussions in that area, kind of like a "Featured Author, Featured Book, Featured something" Just one though because it would feel cluttered otherwise.

I like the organization of the forum. Simple - but it allows people to expand upon topics. I would create a topic in the Writing Tips and Feedback section talking about constructive criticism, because one it gives the empty forum a topic, and also it gives guidelines to people wanting/needing/giving feedback.

Earnable Badges for completing books and etc would be cool similar to Kindle in a way. Setting goals as a forum to read x amount of books as well.

Future recommendations: If the book discussion gets too full you could have subforums under it per genre. I don't think it needs that at this time yet though. I'm thinking more like 100 threads. I've read there may be interest in book clubs, I could see you setting up a forum under the reading area "Book Club" but there must be a book club application, there needs to at least be 3-4 people interested in participating in that book club before starting. I would do a book club per book, rather than a whole entire forum book club because people have different taste. However, that could be something you do as a community is try to read the same book in order to have discussions about the book. That could be a voting situation to pick the book.

These are my thoughts so far - but I'll continue to think about it. You're off to a great start and I truly do enjoy the community!

• Love
Reactions: SDL
I've been enjoying the community! Here are some thoughts I have!

Appearance wise - Would be cool to have a dark theme, even if it is the current theme turned dark. I like the blue - it's calming. I like the banner with the book included in it. The rest of the banner space appears to not be in use - I'm unsure if it is possible but would be cool to kind of have some kind of advertisement of discussions in that area, kind of like a "Featured Author, Featured Book, Featured something" Just one though because it would feel cluttered otherwise.

I like the organization of the forum. Simple - but it allows people to expand upon topics. I would create a topic in the Writing Tips and Feedback section talking about constructive criticism, because one it gives the empty forum a topic, and also it gives guidelines to people wanting/needing/giving feedback.

Earnable Badges for completing books and etc would be cool similar to Kindle in a way. Setting goals as a forum to read x amount of books as well.

Future recommendations: If the book discussion gets too full you could have subforums under it per genre. I don't think it needs that at this time yet though. I'm thinking more like 100 threads. I've read there may be interest in book clubs, I could see you setting up a forum under the reading area "Book Club" but there must be a book club application, there needs to at least be 3-4 people interested in participating in that book club before starting. I would do a book club per book, rather than a whole entire forum book club because people have different taste. However, that could be something you do as a community is try to read the same book in order to have discussions about the book. That could be a voting situation to pick the book.

These are my thoughts so far - but I'll continue to think about it. You're off to a great start and I truly do enjoy the community!
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it! I love the idea of filling that space to feature something, I’m not too sure how I’d set that up but I’ll have a look into it. Perhaps I just need to set it up as an advertisement perhaps? I’ll figure it out I’m sure!

The badge idea is good, I just need to make a plan of how to implement it effectively. In terms of the book club, I’m going to trial it in August and see how it works out and then adjust it where necessary moving forward.

I was struggling to think of topics for the writing tips and feedback board so that’s really useful, thank you. I have the next couple of days off work so I’ll be working on creating posts in that section.

Yeah I was debating whether to add prefixes for genres to begin with so we don’t have loads of empty boards. I’ll probably organise it better into sub sections once it gets more active and clustered.

A dark theme is definitely in the works and should be released soon hopefully.

I’m glad you enjoy the community and thank you for being an active member! :)

I really like the simplicity of the theme, which seems to have an elegant touch.

If I were a reader, I'd definitely join in on the discussions! Unfortunately, I'm not much of a reader and struggle to finish one book even in a long time period.

For the dark theme, do you plan to have a toggle switch for light mode and dark mode? It seems that's what a lot of people have these days.

• Love
Reactions: SDL
I really like the simplicity of the theme, which seems to have an elegant touch.

If I were a reader, I'd definitely join in on the discussions! Unfortunately, I'm not much of a reader and struggle to finish one book even in a long time period.

For the dark theme, do you plan to have a toggle switch for light mode and dark mode? It seems that's what a lot of people have these days.
Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme! I haven’t thought of a toggle switch, I’ll see how to implement it. I was just going to upload a separate theme that can be switched at an individual level, like Admin Junkies.

I haven’t thought of a toggle switch, I’ll see how to implement it.
It's just a convenient way to easily switch from one mode to the other. It's certainly not a requirement, though. It's mainly nice if you use two similar themes, one of a lighter color and one of a darker color.

If you're on the Admin Junkies 2.0 themes you should see a moon (on the light version) and a lightbulb (on the dark version) this is just a quick and easy toggle to switch between the themes. Rather than going on the dropdown list.

I've made some minor changes to the forum to give it a cleaner look. That includes using friendly URLs as suggested by @Cedric, removing avatars from the main forum view and removing the site title from the forum view. I've also added an "Online/Offline" banner on the thread view and removed the bar from the "What's new" page so it only shows new posts.

Let me know what you think!

Does the theme have the option to select colours based on what a member wants.. That would be cool. Clean and looks good as a starting point to get content rolling. End of the day it's the theme that people mostly see first when they enter the site.

Does the theme have the option to select colours based on what a member wants.. That would be cool. Clean and looks good as a starting point to get content rolling. End of the day it's the theme that people mostly see first when they enter the site.
I don't think so, I'll definitely look into that to see if it's an option. Thanks for the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds