Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

👩‍💻 Freelance Services Stay home?

Sharing experiences, advice, and questions about freelancing.

JennyorAlice

Reputable member
If you could earn enough money from your forum/blog/website for you to stay home, would you do it? Or would you keep your job that you already had?

I already do stay home nearly 24/7. Except when I'm with family for like 3 hrs twice a week.

I've been unemployed since December and it sucks. The problem? Super tiny town of like 15k or so. No jobs within biking distance really except for one store which is where I got let go from (for having "too many emergency dentist visit & flu")

Yeah I definitely would if I could cover my cost. I understand the strong ken mentioned living in a sub 5k town. My job is a 30 mile drive one way and backroads so winter is terrible and pay isn’t to great luckily cost of living here is cheap, and some days are very chill.

I would definitely stay home if I could earn enough money from my websites. Then I could work on my sites, Youtube channel, and enjoy life more. I like my job don't get me wrong, but I would definitely quit my 9-5 if my websites made enough money.

I already do stay home nearly 24/7. Except when I'm with family for like 3 hrs twice a week.

I've been unemployed since December and it sucks. The problem? Super tiny town of like 15k or so. No jobs within biking distance really except for one store which is where I got let go from (for having "too many emergency dentist visit & flu")
Same, not working myself and hard to do freelancing job as that doesn't give you a full payday

If I was earning enough money on these projects I think I for sure would stay home. It's kind of a dream to start your own business basically and be able to survive off of it! In another hand I know it's peoples hobbies and they rather it not become work... but I can see it being enjoyable work for me!

I at the moment am able to earn enough that I can stay home at the moment and be able to be my own boss. It's still quite early days but for what I am earning at the moment, I would have to say that it's feasible and due to health issues I have amongst other issues, I am very thankful I am able to work from home and be around my family as well.

I at the moment am able to earn enough that I can stay home at the moment and be able to be my own boss. It's still quite early days but for what I am earning at the moment, I would have to say that it's feasible and due to health issues I have amongst other issues, I am very thankful I am able to work from home and be around my family as well.
even with the cost of things going up and up. Damn it's hard

There is one nice thing about being retired... you don't have to worry about work!
The bad thing about being retired... you are that much closer to the grave.

I couldn't sit in front of a computer all day. My main biz is tile setting and bathroom remodeling. It satisfies my creative itch and is what brings home the bacon. I will probably do it forever.

I could start a business as a dog trainer. I'm fairly good at that. If I had some letters behind my name I would do public speaking about health and nutrition in the low carb sphere and focus on a YouTube channel there. It's what my new site is about, but it and all my sites are just hobbies at this point.

Even thought about kick streaming and get paid by the hour, however you need to meet the requirements and no idea if that's going to be stable
I have a feeling it will be stable with how they are doing it and how they are bringing people on at the moment within the beta. The issue will be the requirements being hit each time. It's possible but not something that will happen over night :)

Even thought about kick streaming and get paid by the hour, however you need to meet the requirements and no idea if that's going to be stable
Yeah, the goal would be to stream full time and be paid for it :p but I also don't know if I'd enjoy doing something like that with the amount of migraines I get lol.

I would love to be a stay-at-home forum admin for my sites. The big question would be if the income is "just enough" to the put that I drive my sites with the poor intent of needing to make more off of them or if it is more than enough where I can freely enjoy and grow my projects.

If my websites earn me enough money to pay bills I will give up every thing

I would stay home in a heartbeat if I could earn enough money to live off of it. I'd specialize in web development and build websites/tools/etc. to help sites thrive and gain money doing what I enjoy. However, I'd probably need to start exercising if I stopped having a physical job because sitting in front of the computer all day won't make me lose any weight.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds