Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Stargazing Telescope

Credits
I just bought an aomeckie 70mm telescope from amazon to use for star gazing from my flat. Does anyone else here own a telescope?

Attachments

• IMG_20240623_163809.jpg
    IMG_20240623_163809.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement Placeholder
just bought an aomeckie 70mm telescope from amazon to use for star gazing from my flat, anyone else here own a telescope?
Nope... don't own one.

Own several. Primarily do astrophotography with them.

full
full
full
full
full

You might be interested in this site. ;)
Another good one (much busier than my site that is still trying to gain traction) is Cloudy Nights.

wow, amazing, thanks
When/if you get ready to upgrade, the Svbony is a decent refractor. It has some chromatic aberration but for the price it is a solid telescope and available through the Amazon channels.
So many get a telescope expecting to be able to see what is in the images I linked to, and then they get disappointed when they don't see that on the deep space objects. Don't be if it happens to you.

The human eye cannot collect photons the same way a camera sensor can, so colors that you see in the photos are not what you see when looking through the telescope. It doesn't matter if you are using a $300 telescope or a $3000 one. It's a human eye limitation.
Also, the beginner level scopes will not show what your upper beginner to mid-tier scopes will. There is only so much they can do at the various price ranges.
As an example, a quality 100mm F/8 lens in a cell (not even the full telescope) can run upwards of $2000 if you are building your own.
For mid-grade scopes the Apertura and Astronomics AT series (for US based persons) are really good scopes for the money.

You can see color (generally) in our solar system objects (Mars, Venus, Saturn) but even then the colors can be enhanced with the use of filters designed for that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds