Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff going MIA

PandahFish

Recognized member
Credits
What do you do when a staff member hasn't been contributing to the forum for a while? Do you demote them? Send them an email where they have been? What ? If I know they go on other websites I just demote them without question.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would probably - and have done this - shoot them an email asking after them and whether they still wanted to be a part of the team. It is always best if staff inform the owner when they are going to be busy/ unable to be on the forum. If I didn't receive an answer, I would eventually be forced to demote them.

I would probably - and have done this - shoot them an email asking after them and whether they still wanted to be a part of the team. It is always best if staff inform the owner when they are going to be busy/ unable to be on the forum. If I didn't receive an answer, I would eventually be forced to demote them.
Is it just me or whenever a demoted staff member comes back do you ever feel awkward seeing them back on the forums?

It can be but it depends on their attitude. If they try to be a back seat moderator then things can get annoying....
I demoted this staff member cause he was neglecting my forum while actively being part of a staff team in other forums. He comes back acting like a God praising himself for all the hardwork he has done for my forum saying he wants to quit when he really hasn't done much ...

Most of the time I did just what @Sam said. The only exception would be a staff member that joined recently, I demote such staff immediately if they don't participate - don't join a project before you're ready and available.

If I know there has not been any major personal problems for them and I have seen them around on other forums but not visiting ours then I would send them a polite PM and email asking them if they still wanted to be staff. I usually after that give it around a week before taking any further action such as demoting them if I have not heard anything but I continue to see them still using other forums.

If a staff is away for a while, I will simply remove the staff and replace him/her with someone new.

When my staff is about to be away, I expect the staff to notify me before being away.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds