Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff conflicting with Members

Advertisement Placeholder
I would tell the staff member to be mature and I'd warn both of them. If it didn't stop I'd ban both for a little bit.

The only question is who is right or wrong. If the staff's side was right and the member was an active part in the community, I would personally send him/her a PM explaining the rules and asking him/her not do repeat it.

But if the member had been a part in any scenarios like this before, I will warn him and the next time s/he repeats it, I would give ban for that member.

The only question is who is right or wrong. If the staff's side was right and the member was an active part in the community, I would personally send him/her a PM explaining the rules and asking him/her not do repeat it.

But if the member had been a part in any scenarios like this before, I will warn him and the next time s/he repeats it, I would give ban for that member.

That's the thing though. Often that's what happens. Generally the owner of the board will just side with whomever they believe benefits their community the most (in terms of activity and knowledge). As the owner- they will basically side with the person they share a common set of values with...

For me that is unacceptable a staff member should never argue with a member no matter what if I was the staff member I would just be the bigger person.

For me that is unacceptable a staff member should never argue with a member no matter what if I was the staff member I would just be the bigger person.
But if the staff member knows they are in the right then why shouldn't they stand their ground? It would be like a police officer letting people off with murder if they say they didn't do it.

For me I would see who's side is correct and then issue the other person with a warning, but also send a message to the other person saying that if it happens again to inform a higher person, such as an admin if it is a staff member

I was thought that a client is always right and therefore if a user has a problem with the staff member's actions, the staff member is "forced" to apologize.
But just because the client is always in the right doesn't mean that they should have a free pass not to have some sort of punishment, if someone steals something and says they didn't they would still have their case examined and the appropriate actions taken, usually either an apology or a ban from the premises.

But just because the client is always in the right doesn't mean that they should have a free pass not to have some sort of punishment, if someone steals something and says they didn't they would still have their case examined and the appropriate actions taken, usually either an apology or a ban from the premises.
Well of course if there's some information or proof that client/user is in the wrong, you don't force your staff member to apologize. I was talking about a verbal argument between the two parties, since you're trying to make your staff the 'better man'.

Well of course if there's some information or proof that client/user is in the wrong, you don't force your staff member to apologize. I was talking about a verbal argument between the two parties, since you're trying to make your staff the 'better man'.
yeah off course you want your brand to look higher up and not argumentative, but still if the client is in the wrong, I do not see why the staff should apologise. If it is two different views about a subject where one is no more right than the other than the staff should apologise to the member first.

yeah off course you want your brand to look higher up and not argumentative, but still if the client is in the wrong, I do not see why the staff should apologise. If it is two different views about a subject where one is no more right than the other than the staff should apologise to the member first.
Like I said, this is what I've been thought in business class - it doesn't make sense, but you should always aim to please your client/user even if it means swallowing your pride and apologizing for something you didn't do.

Who ever is right or wrong, Personally if the staff is wrong he well be fired, Same reason for the user, just he well be banned.

Who ever is right or wrong, Personally if the staff is wrong he well be fired, Same reason for the user, just he well be banned.
I think it is a bit harsh to either ban/fire the member who it wrong, however if the argument is that big then sometimes the only option is to ban/fire

I was thought that a client is always right and therefore if a user has a problem with the staff member's actions, the staff member is "forced" to apologize.
By that though, clients usually pay for your services right? Where as a forum they are a free welcomed user who does not have the right to be on, but is privileged. (even if they get VIP etc). Just warn both users and if it continues then they will both serve for it.

Where as a forum they are a free welcomed user who does not have the right to be on, but is privileged.
How are they privileged to be a part of the forum if the forum is open to anyone who wants to join? If anyone, then staff are the ones that are privileged, since they are granted special access to the forum.

How are they privileged to be a part of the forum if the forum is open to anyone who wants to join? If anyone, then staff are the ones that are privileged, since they are granted special access to the forum.
I think it's quite the opposite, Staff are allowed to be there, whilst members are guests to the site. It's like this, the staff are the occupants of the house and members are those who are visiting.

I think it's quite the opposite, Staff are allowed to be there, whilst members are guests to the site. It's like this, the staff are the occupants of the house and members are those who are visiting.
Exactly. Users are privileged, they are granted access to be on the forum. Its up to the staff to either ban those members or not.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds